Chapter 52- Whispering Truths

3rd POV

As Scott walks back into Shelby's cabin, Katherine turns to look over for a brief moment before returning to feeling around Shelby's arms, legs and back to check for where the damage may be. "How is she?" Scott asks.

"She seems okay, other that the fact that her leg definitely almost broke again. It just barely held on, but there is quite a bit of damage. Her wrist is also fractured, but not too bad. It should heal pretty quickly. Her leg won't take as long to heal this time, but she will need to rest for a while again" Katherine explains as she feels around Shelby's shoulders and neck.

Scott nods, "I see. How do you feel, Shelby?" he questions, walking over to sit beside her.

Shelby shrugs, "I don't know... I'm scared" she responds.

"Scott, would you like a potion for your wound on your head?" Katherine asks.

"No, i'm alright. Thanks though. Focus on Shelby" Scott responds.

Katherine nods, "Very well".

"How did you get hurt? Did fWhip hurt you too?" Shelby questions while taking Scott's hand.

"He tried to kill me... but don't worry, I'm okay. I'm safe. I made it out" Scott tries to assure her, but she only becomes confused at the words 'I made it out'.

Scott seems to understand why she is confused, as she tilts her head slightly and looks more worried. He sighs, "He tied me up to a tree after knocking me unconscious" he pauses for a second, thinking about how to explain how he even got out, "I managed to wiggle my way out" he goes with.

Shelby and Katherine both seem to buy it, which he is glad for.

Katherine then moves on to giving Shelby some healing potions to drink while she continues to feel around her leg for all of the damage. Scott watches intently, making sure Katherine doesn't mess up and accidentally hurt Shelby, but thankfully, she doesn't.

Katherine is always very gentle, so Scott doesn't really need to worry too much, but he is still going to. Shelby is his best friend; of course he's going to be worried about somebody hurting her again.

"Shelby, are you able to move your feet, at all?" Katherine questions.

Shelby moves her feet in a slight circle, but can't do much as it seems to hurt. "A little" Shelby mutters.

"I see" Katherine mutters and moves start feeling around her ankles, "Hmm... it feels like there might be a fracture on your right ankle, but it's not as bad as the wrist" she says while giving Shelby an extra potion, just for good meassure, "The healing potions should start to reach it soon, if what I am feeling is right. It will probably try to focus on the leg, because it's the most damaged, but take the extra potion, and that should help it power through to the ankle as well".

"Okay... thank you, Katherine" Shelby says before drinking down the other potion. It tingles in her mouth, but it doesn't taste bad. Just a little... fizzy? Shelby supposes that word works.

"You're very welcome".

"Katherine, Pearl, Kara! I need some assistance!" the three of them hear Tay call from outside.

Scott narrows his eyebrows; he can only imagine what this is about. And right he is, as he can see, just beyond the window, Tay carrying fWhip's lifeless body.

"I better head off. If you need me, feel free to let me know" Katherine says, gathering her supplies and heading outside; shutting the door behind her.

"Did she use her healing ability on you?" Scott questions.