Hisui Incursion [1]

Just a refresher on the ages. Also, even though Riley isn't currently in possession of any of his pokémon, his lineup has been added to my profile on FFN.

Ash : 19

Sabrina : 18

Riley : 23

___

PARAGON

Hisui Incursion Arc [1]

Chapter 53 : Journey to the Past

___

Hisui Region - Prelude Beach

This is Hisui...?

Although he didn't know much about it, it was a name Ash had heard before. But...Hisui doesn't exist anymore. At least, it hasn't for centuries... He didn't know when exactly Hisui became Sinnoh, but it wasn't recently. And the man's reaction to seeing Pikachu all but confirmed it.

They were in the past. Hundreds of years before the present, where the violence of the Age of Carnage still lingered and the scars of the Great War were still fresh and raw.

Ash looked up. The mountain that towered above them, with its peak cloaked in dark clouds, was Mount Coronet. Given the snow he'd seen on the other side of the mountain while he was falling, this seemed to be what would later become southern Sinnoh.

Ash, Sabrina, and Riley's eyes all flicked between each other, none of them able to formulate a verbal reaction. Ash opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He swallowed, his throat dry. What were they supposed to do? Tell him they were from the future?

The man had smiled at his declaration, but upon seeing their reaction, it began ebbing away. "I suppose this was not your intended destination, then. I see." He shifted awkwardly, glancing out at the beach behind them. "The stories I've heard of the Guardians of Rota make you all out to be seasoned heroes, unfettered by the ails of the common man. Forgive me for saying so, but seeing you all disoriented is a first for me." He smiled sympathetically.

It took Ash a second to understand. Ah. He thinks all three of us are Guardians.

"I'm sorry we couldn't live up to your expectations," Riley said, cracking a stoic smile. He looked back at Ash and Sabrina, and his eyes alone communicated his message. Let's go along with it for now.

"Ah, of course, I'm only joking. You seem to be in quite the conundrum, good Sirs." He glanced at Sabrina, unsure if the address applied to her, but when she didn't react, he continued. "This Laventon will help you in any way that he can," he declared, placing a proud hand on his chest.

"Laventon," Riley said. "Thank you for your offer. I am Riley. This is Ash and Sabrina." He motioned to them.

"Though it's a shame it happened under such unfortunate circumstances, I'll say it's a pleasure to meet you all the same!" Laventon said. "Now, we were just on our way back home. Why don't you come with us and we can get you into some dry clothes, to begin with?"

Just as he said it, Riley shivered where he stood, water dripping from his spiky hair, and Sabrina turned her head and sneezed.

"Did you say 'we'?" Ash asked.

"There you are, Professor!" a voice came from behind him.

"Please don't run off by yourself!"

Two figures wrapped in clothes of thick dark fabric jogged up from behind him. They were short and young, likely not much older than Ash when he first began his journey at age ten, by the look of it. One was a boy with a red cap and a resolute expression. The other was a girl with a white bandanna, whose black hair swung in a ponytail behind her as she ran. Both wore crimson scarves.