Chapter - 12

The next morning, Jimin and Jungkook both stepped out of their rooms at the same time. Their rooms faced each other, and as they opened their doors, their eyes met. Instantly, the memory of the previous night flashed in both their minds—their almost-kiss, the intense gaze they shared. Without realizing it, they locked eyes again for a few seconds, both reliving the tension. Jungkook was the first to break the stare, clearing his throat awkwardly, while Jimin quickly looked away, his heart racing.

"Good morning," Jungkook said softly, trying to act normal.

"Morning," Jimin replied, his voice quieter than usual.

They both headed downstairs for breakfast, not mentioning about the previous night. It was an unspoken agreement to go with the flow and not bring up what had almost happened. After breakfast, they left for university, hoping to settle into their usual routine.

At the university, there was an announcement that the students would get a week off for Chuseok, the Korean harvest festival. As everyone excitedly made plans for the holiday, Hwan asked Jimin, "So, what are you going to do during the break?"

Jimin shrugged. "I haven't planned anything yet, but I'll  go to Busan first to visit my Appa and Hobi hyung."

Hwan smiled, "That sounds nice. I'm heading to my grandparents' village with my family. We always go there for Chuseok."

They hugged each other before parting ways, with Hwan wishing Jimin a fun break. As Hwan drove off, Jimin stood at the usual spot where Jungkook would pick him up. A few minutes passed, and Jungkook still hadn't shown up, so Jimin absentmindedly scrolled through his phone.

That's when he overheard a group of students talking nearby.

"I never thought I'd see something like that," one said excitedly. " Nan-hee proposing Jungkook  near the volleyball court!"

"Really, I think Jungkook will accept her " another chimed in. "They're going to be such a famous couple."

Jimin's world suddenly felt like it was collapsing around him. His heart pounded as he processed their words. Rumors about Jungkook and Nan-hee had been circulating for a while. Nan-hee, a popular omega known for her beauty and wealthy family background, was part of the cheerleading team and often flirted with Jungkook openly, especially during volleyball games. Jungkook had always denied her advances . But now, hearing those students, Jimin's mind was clouded with doubt . What if Jungkook really accepts her proposal .

Without thinking, Jimin made his way to the volleyball court. The scene that greeted him felt like a stab to his heart. There, he saw Nan-hee hugging Jungkook, her arms wrapped around him, and Jungkook's back was facing Jimin. Jimin felt his chest tighten. Just as he was about to leave, Nan-hee locked eyes with him, and as if to deliberately make things worse, she leaned in and kissed Jungkook's cheek.

That was the final blow. Jimin couldn't bear to watch anymore. His eyes filled with tears as he turned and walked away, his heart shattered. Yesterday, there had been a glimmer of hope—hope that maybe Jungkook felt the same way he did. But now, that hope was crushed.

As he wiped his tears, Jimin's phone buzzed with a message from Jungkook:

*"Where are you? I'm near the spot."*

Jimin stared at the message for a moment, his heart aching. He couldn't face Jungkook right now, not after what he had just seen. His fingers trembled as he typed back a lie:

*"I'm with Hwan, he'll drop me home."*

A few moments later, Jungkook replied:

*"Okay. Tell Mom I'll be home late."*

Jimin read the message with a bitter smile. He muttered softly to himself, "Of course."

Feeling utterly defeated, Jimin made his way home alone, replaying everything in his head—the almost-kiss, the rumors, and the painful reality of seeing Jungkook with Nan-hee. The warmth he felt just yesterday seemed like a distant memory now.

see you in the next part...........