Chapter - 13

Jungkook entered the house after a long day  and, after freshening up, he headed to the dining room where his parents and grandma were already seated for dinner. He scanned the table, his eyes landing on Jimin's empty spot.

Frowning, Jungkook asked, "Where's Jimin?"

Jinha looked up from her plate, "Oh, he left for Busan after university. He's going to spend the holidays there and will be back a day before they end."

Jungkook's frown deepened. Jimin hadn't told him anything about leaving early for Busan. In fact, Jimin had always talked about how excited he was to show Jungkook around Busan, promising to take him on a tour during the holidays. But now, he was gone without a word. Feeling disappointed, Jungkook finished his dinner quietly, his mind elsewhere.

Once he returned to his room, Jungkook immediately checked his phone for any messages from Jimin. But there were none. No texts, no missed calls. His last few messages to Jimin had all been read, but not a single response in return. Sighing, Jungkook sent another message:

*"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving for Busan early? I thought we were going together."*

Three days passed, and still, no reply from Jimin. Jungkook grew increasingly frustrated. Jimin wasn't even replying to his holiday wishes. The only comfort was knowing that Jimin was regularly calling Eomma, Appa , and Grandma, but the silence towards him felt harsh.

Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about Jimin. The memories of their almost-kiss, the lingering feelings that night, and now this unexplained distance—it all gnawed at him. What had changed so suddenly? He replayed moments in his head but couldn't make sense of it. The more he thought, the more restless he became.

In Busan, Jimin sat in his childhood room, the same room he used to feel so safe in, but now he felt conflicted. His thoughts kept circling back to Jungkook—what he might be doing, whether he was upset or confused.

 Jimin had been avoiding Jungkook's messages because his heart was still too tender. The scene at the volleyball court, Nan-hee hugging and kissing Jungkook, played on repeat in his mind. He knew Jungkook had every right to choose whomever he wanted, but it still hurt. He needed space to clear his head, to sort out his feelings. That's why he came to Busan earlier than planned—to distance himself from Jungkook.

Just as he was lost in thought, the doorbell rang. It was already 11 p.m., and Jimin's Appa was out on business, will not  return until the next night. Confused about who could be visiting so late, Jimin slipped on his slippers and cautiously made his way to the door. When he opened it, his breath caught in his throat.

There, standing in the doorway, soaked from the rain outside and looking a little out of breath, was.....

"Jungkook?" Jimin gasped, his eyes wide with shock.

see you in the next part.........................

short update but next next chapter 1.4k words  :0