Crossroads of the Heart

Kyun Aajkal Neend Kam Khwaab Jyada Hai

Lagta Khuda Ka Koi Nek Iraada Hain

Kal Ka Fakir Dil Aaj Shehzada Hain

Lagta Khuda Ka Koi Nek Iraada Hain

Kya mujhe pyar hain ya aisa khumar hain...💖

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The air around them seemed still, the world blurring into the background. Megha could still feel the warmth of Dev's hand as he pulled her closer. For a second, everything else disappeared—the hum of the movie, the murmurs of people in the room, everything. And then, the kiss happened. The moment seemed to last forever, yet it was over in a flash. Her lips tingled with the touch, her face burning as she realized what had just happened.

As Megha rushed out, her heart was racing faster than ever. Her mind was a chaotic whirlpool of thoughts. I've always liked him. But a kiss? How could it happen like this? The warmth from the kiss lingered on her lips, but so did the confusion in her heart. She didn't know whether to feel happy or upset, excited or embarrassed.

Dev's phone slipped from his trembling hands as he sent the message. His mind screamed at him, You've crossed the line! His heart ached with regret, yet there was a glimmer of hope that she might understand. And then, he texted Megha:

"Megha, I'm so sorry. It was an accident, I didn't mean for it to happen. I'm truly ashamed."

Meanwhile, Janvi had gone to Harshvardhan's house. But before they realized it, their conversation had turned into an argument. Suddenly, Harshvardhan stood up and slapped Janvi—eight times in a row. Janvi had been enduring his abuse for a long time, but today, she had had enough. She snapped, her mind flashing back to the first time he had raised his voice at her. They had been at a café, and he accused her of looking at someone else. His possessiveness had seemed sweet then like he cared too much. But now, she realized it was a sign of something darker, something that had been building for months.

"Enough, Harshvardhan! I can't take this anymore. I tolerated everything thinking you'd change, but no more. I want a breakup!"

Hearing this, Harshvardhan tried to slap her again, but this time Janvi slapped him back three times and punched him. Twisting his arm, she said:

"I have a black belt in karate, you jerk! I kept quiet to save our relationship, but if you come near me again, I'll break your face!"

With that, she left, crying, and went straight to Megha's house.

Janvi's face was red, and blood was dripping from her nose. Megha was alarmed when she saw her and asked,

"What happened to you? Who did this?"

Janvi said nothing and just cried.

"Tell me!" Megha yelled.

"H-H-Harshvardhan did," Janvi stammered, still crying.

"What? How could this happen? You both seemed so happy, how did things turn out this way?" Megha asked.

Janvi then explained everything, bit by bit:

"At first, he was nice. But slowly, he became toxic. He started swearing at me, and whenever I got mad, he'd sweet-talk me into forgiving him, only to do the same thing again... But today, he crossed the line. I gave him so much time, thinking his love would return, but now I realize how wrong I was." Janvi sobbed harder, her body trembling with emotion, her face flushed.

Seeing this, Megha hugged her tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Megha asked.

"I thought he would change, but..." Janvi said, her voice trailing off.

"Alright, stop crying now. Calm down. Wait here, I'll make something for you. You'll stay here with me tonight, okay? Don't go anywhere. I'm with you, just stay strong," Megha said, comforting her.

"Here, I made your favourite paneer do pyaza," Megha said, feeding Janvi with her own hands.

"Thank you. If you weren't here, I don't know where I would've gone," Janvi said, her voice breaking.

"Want to watch TV? Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah is on," Megha said, trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, put it on," Janvi said softly.

And the two of them sat down to watch TV together.

"Now don't even think about that jerk Harshvardhan, okay?" Megha said firmly.

"Yeah," Janvi replied quietly.

It was getting late, so both Megha and Janvi went to bed. But as Janvi lay in bed that night, her face still sore from Harshvardhan's blows, she felt a strange sense of peace. For the first time in months, she had stood up for herself. The tears had stopped, and now, there was only one thought on her mind: she was never going back. The chapter with Harshvardhan was over. It was time for her to move on, to find herself again.

Megha, on the other hand, didn't see Dev's message because it hadn't been delivered yet. The silence of the night and the darkness only deepened the confusion swirling in her mind. Her heart still couldn't forget that moment, and her eyes kept recalling the memories she had shared with Dev.

"How could Dev do this? I liked him too, but how did this kiss happen... now what?" Megha thought to herself.

Dev couldn't sleep either. Somewhere deep down, he had liked Megha ever since their school days. Maybe that's why he had lost control today, and the entire night he lay awake, wondering, What will Megha think of me?

Megha remembered that this same kind of moment had happened 15 years ago as well...

Fifteen years ago...

Megha had written down Dev's name for talking too much during class.

"Megha, please erase my name. Please, I won't talk again," Dev had begged.

"No, I won't erase it. You keep talking and then ask me to erase it," Megha had teased.

"Please, erase it, please," Dev had pleaded, and while saying that, he had come so close to Megha without either of them realizing it. Megha's breath had caught in her throat.

The same thing had happened today, and thinking about that, Megha fell asleep without even realizing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my cutie pies

Premika❤️