27

San slumped back into the couch, running a hand through his hair. "I really can't just go talk to him after a week. It'll be weird."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes, leaning forward. "San, listen to me. Yeosang is way shyer than you. If you don't make the move, he never will. If you want this to work, you've gotta step up."

San groaned, covering his face with his hands. "Can't you just go tell him for me?"

Wooyoung's response was swift—a pillow to the face. "Absolutely not. This is not my business. I've already done more than enough for you two idiots."

San sighed, rubbing his cheek. "Have you ever even confessed to someone? It's not that easy."

Wooyoung shot him a glare, grabbing another pillow. "I'm still deciding, alright?"

San smirked, leaning in teasingly. "Oh, between Mingi and Yunho?"

Wooyoung's eyes widened in shock, smacking San again. "How did you—ugh, Yeosang! I'm gonna kill him for spilling that!"

San giggled, his mood lightening. "I had a feeling."

Wooyoung crossed his arms, glaring playfully. "Focus on your own mess, lover boy."

San laughed, still amused by the fact that he'd figured out Wooyoung's secret, but his smile faded as he leaned back into the couch. "Alright, but seriously... I don't know how to even start. What if he's over it now? I mean, it's been a week."

Wooyoung sighed dramatically, tossing the pillow aside. "San, you're overthinking this. I promise you, Yeosang is not over it. He's just as messed up as you are right now. If anything, he's been waiting for you to make a move."

San frowned, looking down at his hands. "What if I mess it up?"

"You won't," Wooyoung said firmly, standing up. "But if you sit here doing nothing, you'll regret it. Just go talk to him."

San groaned again, dragging himself to his feet. "Fine, fine. I'll try. But if this blows up in my face, I'm blaming you."

Wooyoung snickered. "You'll thank me when you're holding hands and being all cute. Now go!" He gave San a gentle shove toward the door.

San shook his head, still nervous, but a small part of him was relieved. He glanced back at Wooyoung one last time. "You sure about this?"

"One hundred percent," Wooyoung said with a confident grin. "Now stop being a coward and go confess your undying love to Yeosang."

San let out a breath, nodding to himself before heading out. As soon as the door clicked shut, Wooyoung flopped back onto the couch, muttering to himself. "If those two don't figure this out soon, I swear I'll lock them in a room together..."

San walked down the street, talking to himself as he made his way toward Yeosang's dorm, rehearsing what he was going to say. "Okay, San, you just go up to him and say it. Simple, right? Just... tell him how you feel. If he rejects you, it's fine... well, not fine, but... you'll survive. Probably."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair as he got closer. "Why does this have to be so complicated? Why couldn't I just—"

He stopped in his tracks when he spotted Yeosang walking toward him, his heart skipping a beat. Yeosang hadn't seen him yet, but as they got closer, their eyes finally met. San froze, all the words he'd been practicing vanishing from his mind. They both slowed down until they were standing just a few feet apart, staring at each other in silence.

Neither of them knew what to say. It felt like time had stopped, and the awkward tension between them was thick, almost suffocating. They bowed their heads slightly, muttering brief greetings before they awkwardly stepped past each other.