Episode 12 : Game Over

At the police station, Emma instructed two officers to accompany Mia and briefed them on the plan. Everything was set in motion. Now they just had to wait for the night.

As evening fell, Daniel arrived at the police station with the CBI team. They mentioned they had a plan to catch the killer.

Emma asked them to share it, but the head officer suggested discussing it in her office privately to minimize the risk of leaks.

Emma led them to her office, and the CBI shared their strategy.

Emma thought to herself, "Tonight, Mia's suspicions will be cleared, and then we can catch the real killer."

She appreciated the plan and assured them that they could start working on it right away. The CBI officers praised Emma for her quick thinking and thanked Daniel before leaving.

Suddenly, there was a loud commotion outside. Curious, Emma and Daniel stepped out to see Ryder standing there, shouting.

The moment he saw Emma, he stormed over to her, speaking rudely, "You already have a new boyfriend? How dare you? Who do you think you are? Answer me!"

Emma, unbothered, slapped him and firmly said, "This is a police station. Stop your nonsense and leave."

Ryder, enraged, grabbed her arm and yelled, "How could you do this to me? Tell me! You can't be with someone else. I won't let him go once I get my hands on him."

Seeing Ryder touch Emma, Daniel lost his temper and punched him hard, sending him crashing to the ground, bleeding from his nose.

Ryder staggered back up and started to provoke Daniel, Who do you think you are to hit me? Do you even know who I am? Why are you protecting her? Do you like her?

He continued taunting,  Don't get involved with her. She changes guys every day. That's why I left her. She's nothing but—

Before Ryder could finish his insult, Daniel started beating him again. His anger was out of control.

At first, Emma didn't intervene, watching Ryder get what he deserved. But when she realized how severe the beating had become, she tried to stop Daniel.

She grabbed his arm, but he shoved her off, too enraged to listen. The other officers were tense, whispering among themselves, urging someone to stop him.

Worried, Emma pleaded, "Daniel, stop! He'll die!"

But Daniel ignored her, relentlessly punching and kicking Ryder. Ryder was in terrible shape.

Then, to everyone’s horror, Daniel picked up a chair, and the onlookers gasped in fear. Some of the women even closed their eyes, terrified of what would happen next.

Just before Daniel could hit Ryder with the chair, Emma ran behind him and hugged him tightly, begging, "Daniel, please stop!"

That was when Daniel finally paused. He threw the chair aside, and the room breathed a collective sigh of relief.

Emma’s hands were still on Daniel’s chest as she held him back. Gently, Daniel removed her hands, turned to face her, took her hand, and led her out of the police station.

Before leaving, Emma signaled Michael to call for medical help, which he immediately understood.

Ryder was taken to the hospital, and everyone else went home. When Michael reached home, the doorbell rang after a while. He opened the door, and there was Mia, smiling.

Michael asked, "Didn't you say you found a new place?"

Mia, still smiling, replied, "Well, since you didn’t let me leave, the agent sold the house to someone else. Can I come in?"

Michael chuckled a little and said, "Come in, but why are you smiling so much?"

Mia’s smile suddenly faded. "Smiling is nice, isn't it? It brings a glow to the face," she replied with a faint smile, but deep inside, she was scared and was using her smile to hide her fear.

Michael ate dinner and offered some to Mia, but she insisted that she had already eaten. After dinner, Michael asked, "Are we watching a movie again tonight?"

Mia laughed and said, "No, there aren’t any good movies tonight."

"Alright then, goodnight," Michael said and went to his room.

Mia relaxed a bit and waited for Michael to fall asleep. After some time, she quietly sneaked into the changing room, searching for the box.

But the box was no longer where it was last night. She searched everywhere but couldn't find it.

Suddenly, she heard a voice from behind, "Looking for this?"

Startled, she turned around to see Michael standing there, holding the box. Her breathing quickened.

Nervously, she said, "No, I was just looking for something to wear for the night. Yeah."

Michael placed the box on the table and smirked, "Really?" He slowly approached her.

Mia’s breathing became even more rapid.  Um! "yes".

Michael walked closer, grabbed the hidden spy camera from her clothes, and said, "Then what’s this doing on your clothes?"

Mia was so frightened that she couldn't even speak.

Michael laughed and said, I didn’t expect this from you. Were you trying to record me shirtless?

Mia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering what he was talking about.

Suddenly, Michael’s smile vanished, replaced by a dark expression. He snatched her purse, threw it on the ground, and stomped on the hidden transmitter inside.

"Anything else?" he asked coldly.

Mia tried to run, but Michael grabbed her arm. "Now that you know the truth about me, I can’t let you leave like this."

He threw Mia’s purse towards the switch, turning off the lights, which made the officers outside think Mia had left the room because they were given the room’s position earlier.

Michael then grabbed Mia’s phone and messaged the officers outside, "The job’s done. You can leave."

Mia was sweating, trying to resist, but Michael had his hand over her mouth. Just before she could scream, Michael struck her neck, and she passed out.

Meanwhile, Daniel was driving Emma in his car, speeding down the road.

Emma realized there was no point in talking to him right now since he was extremely angry. "I’ll talk to him when we get home," she thought.

They finally reached home. Emma came to call Daniel for dinner, but he refused and asked her to come closer.

Though she was a little scared, she gathered the courage and approached him.

Daniel grabbed her hand and pulled her onto his lap, brushing her hair back from her forehead. "You know how to calm me down, don’t you?" he asked.

Emma gave a surprised expression.
"Don’t you understand?" Daniel continued.

Emma shook her head, saying no.

"Like today, when you hugged me to stop me, it actually calmed me down. I didn’t even know that," Daniel said softly.

"But today, the way you behaved..." Emma began, but Daniel placed a finger on her lips.

Shh... I don’t want to fight with you. Besides, a lot has already happened in the last few days.

He removed his finger, and Emma gave him a kiss on the cheek. Daniel smiled and playfully bit her neck, then lifted her up and carried her to the bed. They shared a passionate night together...