Episode 7 : A night of love

As soon as Emma stepped out of the commissioner’s office, she received a call from the police station. The location of the missing woman had been found.

Emma quickly arrived at the scene, only to discover that the teacher was inside a water tank. They pulled her out, and it was revealed that she had been died a long time ago.

All the officers began investigating the area, but as always, there were no signs of evidence.

Emma wandered around the house, inspecting every corner, when she spotted a button lying on the floor. She picked it up and examined it closely. It was a button from a police uniform.

Emma, surprised, said, "What’s a police uniform button doing here?"

Michael looked at it and replied, "It could belong to one of our officers."

Emma immediately instructed everyone to check their uniforms, but the button didn’t match anyone’s.

With suspicion in her mind, Emma thought, "If this is a police uniform button, that means a police officer could be behind this woman’s murder..."

She quickly gave the order, "Send the body to the lab."

Mia, frustrated, said, "What good will a post-mortem do? We never find any evidence. The criminal is way too clever; they leave nothing behind."

Emma responded firmly, "Even so, a post-mortem is necessary. We can’t afford to take any chances."

With that, the team wrapped up their investigation at the scene and returned to the police station. Just as they arrived, Olivia walked in.

Emma, annoyed, asked, "What are you doing here?"

Olivia responded with an attitude, "I’m here to meet the commissioner."

Emma smirked and said, "This is a police station, Olivia. If you want to meet the commissioner, you’ll have to go to the head office."

Olivia, annoyed, replied, "I’m not that foolish. I know this is a police station, but because of the lady teacher’s case, schools and colleges are protesting all over the city. The IG and commissioner are here because of that."

Mia asked, "Why would they come here?"

Olivia explained, "Because the missing report for the lady was filed here."

Emma, sarcastically, said, "And you knew all this before the police did?"

Olivia, with a smug look, said, "I’m a celebrity. My fans send me videos all the time."

Emma, mocking her, replied, "Fans or haters? They send you riot videos, and you call that love?"

Everyone burst into laughter at Emma's words.

Just then, the commissioner, IG, and other superiors entered the police station. Everyone saluted, except for Emma, as usual.

The IG addressed Emma, frustrated, "What is going on? It’s been four days, four murders, and the police haven’t solved a single case. Is this how you work?"

Emma responded, "The criminal isn’t leaving any evidence behind. No DNA, nothing in the post-mortem. What do you expect us to do? Solve the case out of thin air? We’re doing everything we can."

Olivia muttered under her breath, "She doesn’t even spare her superiors."

Two female officers, who always envied Emma, overheard and joined Olivia, saying, "That’s just how she is."

The other superiors chimed in, "Chief Inspector Emma, if you all were really trying, this case would’ve been solved by now."

Emma, raising her voice, said, "I’ve already explained everything. What other methods do you suggest? Should I just arrest someone randomly and throw them in jail?"