Chapter 9: A Helping Hand

The cool autumn breeze stirred the colorful leaves scattered across the farmhouse porch as Lily stood by the front door, watching the golden sunlight filter through the trees. The wedding day was drawing nearer, and while she and Elliot had made significant progress in their preparations, there were still a few details that hung over her like a dark cloud. The roof repair was ongoing, and the long list of things left to do sometimes felt overwhelming.

Just as Lily was about to head inside, a car pulled up in the driveway, and she smiled as she recognized the familiar faces of Sarah, Amina, and Leo stepping out. Their friends had offered to come by and help with some of the final wedding tasks, and Lily was grateful for their support. She knew she and Elliot couldn't do this alone, and having their friends rally around them made the weight of the wedding planning feel a little lighter.

Sarah waved as she approached, her usual bubbly energy radiating from her. "Hey, bride-to-be!" she called out, her grin wide. "We're here to help with whatever you need, so just point us in the right direction!"

Lily laughed, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. "Thank you all for coming," she said warmly. "There's still so much to do, and I didn't want to ask for too much help, but honestly... I could really use it."

Amina gave her a gentle smile as she pulled her into a hug. "That's what we're here for, Lily. You and Elliot have done so much already, and now it's time for us to pitch in. We've got your back."

Leo, always the practical one, clapped his hands together. "Alright, let's get to work! What's first on the list?"

Lily led them inside, feeling her spirits lift as she shared the list of tasks that needed to be completed. There were flowers to arrange, seating assignments to finalize, and decorations to organize. But more than anything, Lily was grateful for the emotional support her friends brought with them. Planning a wedding had been stressful at times, and just knowing that she wasn't alone in this final stretch made everything feel more manageable.

As they gathered around the kitchen table, where Lily had laid out the seating charts and decorations, Sarah quickly took charge of the flowers. She had always been the creative one, and her enthusiasm for arranging the bouquets and centerpieces was contagious.

"Okay, we're going for rustic elegance, right?" Sarah asked, holding up a bundle of wildflowers and greenery that had been collected from the farmhouse garden. "I'm thinking something simple but beautiful—like you."

Lily blushed, laughing softly. "That sounds perfect. You have full creative control."

Amina joined Sarah at the table, carefully selecting blooms and discussing color combinations. "I love that you're using flowers from your own garden," Amina said, her voice soft with admiration. "It makes everything feel so personal and intimate. It's like the wedding is an extension of the life you and Elliot have built together."

Lily smiled, her heart swelling with gratitude. "That's exactly what we wanted. We wanted everything about this day to feel like us—simple, natural, and full of love."

Meanwhile, Leo was busy helping Elliot, who had just returned from running a few last-minute errands. The two of them were setting up some of the outdoor decorations, hanging string lights across the garden and making sure the seating arrangement for the ceremony was properly spaced out.

"I think we've got this under control," Leo said as he stepped back to admire their work. "The place already looks amazing, and once everything's set up, it's going to be magical."

Elliot wiped his brow, his face flushed from the work but smiling all the same. "Thanks, man. I really appreciate all the help. We couldn't do this without you guys."