August 1st (Date 13)

For this date, I went over to Alyssa's house since her parents were out of town. Fun enough, it was the third time interacting with her brother as he was there when we ate lunch and dinner. For this date we went to the local library near her. Before we made it in the library, we walked the loop hand and hand talking about who remembers what as we made our trek. We missed the turn to loop back and walked a little longer along the street until we made it to the bridge and stopped to look at the grassy foliage. There was no one else around us and we remained hand locked even though it was toasty that day, and I could feel my sweat building up within my palms. Eventually, we headed inside the library, and it was humungous. 

Within it, we didn't make it to the second story, she took us to the children section and then we hit the movie section. This took our longest as we went over which movies we had and haven't seen. It was fun and good conversation came out of it. Before we knew it, time told us to head back so we could fix lunch as Simone had band stuff to do after. Once lunch was done, we began the baking process (new to me) and got our batch of cupcakes ready. After we put them in the oven, she put on the movie, and we cuddled on the couch to watch the second Kissing Booth movie. I was enjoying the first half a lot more than the first one, but then the second half started to drag with all the drama nonsense. About midway through the movie, she stopped it so we could check on the cupcakes. They were finished but they did not rise. She then realized that we forgot the baking soda (didn't even cross my mind) once we got to testing them after dinner. We left them out to cool and put them in two holders. Supplies were out to icing them, but we wouldn't do that till after dinner. We got back to the movie and finished it, giving our ratings (ended up being the same as the first one objectively speaking, while I enjoyed it slightly more subjectively speaking). 

She got dinner ready and eventually Simone came home, and we ate. After dinner is when we realized that we forgot baking soda as the cupcakes were dense and failed to rise, so we threw them out. This is when we went into the basement and explored some of it before settling down on ping pong, which we talked and played till about late 7 pm, where I decided to head home (now we stay later and later lol). On the way out I got my goodbye kiss. I went for two, but she sideswiped it where I got a kiss on the cheek instead. I took that as somewhat of a slight but figured she was just tired and maybe didn't feel that moment as I did (I would find the reason out next time). During ping pong or when we were on the porch, we settled on me coming back Saturday to finally experience the Tubman Art Museum and get the cupcakes right. A very solid date day.