Did you say it? (Part One)

Shai POV

Being married is a huge responsibility. You have to try to be your best version of you for your husband or wife. It's very stressful for me and Theo, he's been away for three and a half months in Iraq filming some movie about a soldier. The stress isn't very good on me either, I'm nearly four months pregnant, and Theo doesn't know.

I can't get in contact with him, only because their location is secure due to them being in a real-time war zone.

And it's slowly killing me to just sit back and wait for him to come back, or to even contact me.

>>>

I wake up to a call, slowly rolling over with a loud groan and grabbing the phone, "Hello?" I ask, my voice groggy.

"Hello, Mrs. Taptiklis?" A deep heavily accented voice asks.

"Yes?" I ask, getting nervous.

"This is Samuel Armaan, with the filming group here in Iraq," he says.

"Uhm, hello?" I say, my voice shaking. Something could have happened to Theo, oh god this is bad.

"I'd like for you to tune in to the channel 6 new network for me, Mrs. Taptiklis," he says.

"Please, call me Shailene," I say.

"Okay, Shailene please tune into the channel 6 news," he says.

I turn the new on and my heart stops, "Here reporting live from Iraq is Diana Smith," a male voice says.

"Hello, L.A. we're here to inform you of the incident going on at the moment here in Iraq. The local film studio here in Iraq has been bombed, news insiders are trying to uncover the source of the bombing while rescue teams are trying to find the lasting survivors out here," she says before the screen returns to the man originally speaking.

"T-Theo," I manage to get out. "Samuel, have you found Theo yet?" I ask, my nerves ready to explode.

He takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry, Shailene, we haven't seen any signs of him, we're looking though, he's our main priority," he says.

Did you say it?

I love you?

I don't ever want to live without you.

You changed my life...

Did you say it?

Make a plan.

Set a goal.

Work towards it.

But every now and then, look around.

Drink it in.

'Cause this is it.

It might all be gone tomorrow.

And Theo might be gone right before my very eyes.

>>>

I'll update eventually. Comment if you know where the quote is from😁