Give Thanks

Shai POV

"I am thankful for my family, for my friends, my career that recently ended, and I'm thankful for you, Theodore, you're the best thing that could have ever happened to me, besides the blessing that we are going to receive soon, I love you, and I hope that you love me too, or at least as much as I love you," I say softly, sitting across from Theo at our small round table in the kitchen area of our apartment.

We recently moved in together upon receiving the news that we're having a child, which was not planned, but isn't a mistake. Theo was so excited, he was jumping for joy, and hugging me tight, and kissing my stomach—it was quite adorable if I do say so myself.

As of right now we are having a thanksgiving dinner between the two of us, a small turkey—that'll provide leftovers for a few days, a small bowl of mashed potatoes, a small bowl of squash, an even smaller bowl of cranberry sauce—which I've been craving, and an ungodly amount of rolls.

Theo smiles and holds my hand across the table, "I am thankful for my family, my friends, as well as my career—which will soon be ending—I'm thankful for our blessing to become parents, I'm thankful that I will be a father soon. But most of all, I'm thankful for you, I'm thankful that I'm your quote-unquote, 'baby daddy,' and that you're the woman that I will spend the rest of my life with, I love you, Shailene, and I will always love you."

I grin and squeeze his hand, "Let's eat!" I exclaim, letting go of his hand and grabbing the cranberry sauce and shovelling it onto my plate, leaving none in the bowl. I then reach for the mashed potatoes, scooping two gigantic spoonfuls onto my plate, I then do the same with the squash, loading my plate up, before placing turkey and rolls on top of my giant mess.

I look up, seeing Theo doesn't have nearly as much food on his plate as I do, "Someone has an appetite," he jokes, beginning to eat.

"Not my fault this baby has your appetite," I grumble as I begin shovelling food into my mouth.

He shakes his head as he eats, smirking at me, "I'm so thankful to have you in my life," he whispers.

I smile, speaking with a mouthful of food, "Ditto."

>>>>

Hey everyone! Sorry, a day late..... Oops. Well, I hope everyone who celebrates thanksgiving had a great one yesterday!