Trick or Treat

Shai POV

"Mommy!" I hear my daughter squeal from her room.

"Yes, Izzy?" I yell from the bottom of the stairs.

"Can you help me with my costume? Daddy's bad at it!" She exclaims.

"Hey! It doesn't look that bad!" My husband exclaims.

I chuckle and start the trek up the stairs, my hand on my swollen abdomen, I'm pregnant with our third child. Our other child, Joshua, is asleep in his crib.

When I finally make it into her bedroom, I walk in to see Theo attempting to fix her butterfly wings, which are actually upside down.

"See, it looks fine, right?" He asks, turning to me.

I shake my head and walk up to them, "Theodore, these are upside down," I say with a giggle, making Izzy giggle as well.

I begin to fix them, "No! They look perfectly fine!" He exclaims, throwing his hands up, exasperated.

"Go put Josh in his costume, Theodore, and try not to mess it up," I say with a laugh.

"Yeah, daddy!" Izzy squeals while I fix her wings, making her costume look perfect. I'd already done her makeup earlier, so she looks perfect.

"You ready, little miss butterfly?" I ask, picking her up and holding her at my waist as I move into Josh's room.

"Daddy that's wrong!" Izzy squeals, jumping from my arms and going to help Theo fix his little pumpkin costume.

"Shai!" He exclaims, while Izzy simultaneously yells, "Mommy!"

I laugh and walk up behind Theo, my hands on his shoulders, "Do you need help?" I ask softly, kissing his cheek.

He nods and backs away, leaving a writhing Joshua, trying to get out of the costume because Theo had only gotten it halfway on. I undo the Velcro on the back and slip the costume all the way on, putting the Velcro back together and picking him up. I turn and smirk at Theo, "This is your 4th Halloween with Isobel, Theodore, you should know how to do costumes by now," I say and peck his cheek.

He shrugs and wraps an arm around my waist, "Oh well," he pecks my cheek.

"Eww! Cooties mommy!" Izzy squeals.

I laugh and Theo picks her up, "You ready to Trick or Treat, sweet pea?" He asks while we make our way down the stairs.

>>>>

We're about halfway through our cycle of Trick or Treating when I feel the familiar wetness between my legs. My water just broke. Maybe if I keep moving-no I can't keep going. "T-Theo," I mumble softly.

He turns around, he has Josh in his arms, a huge smile on his face, which fades when he sees my face, "What is it?" He asks, coming closer to me.

"My water just broke," I whisper softly.

"What?" He asks.

"My water just broke!" I exclaim, making Izzy turn around, noticing that we've stopped.

"Is the new baby coming, mommy?" She asks, staying beside Theo.

I nod slowly and let out a groan, "Theodore-" I say.

"Time to go to grandmas!" He yells as he scoops up Izzy and rushes to the car, putting them both in their car seats and driving to find me again. When he sees me he gets out and picks me up, helping me into the car.