six // Maybe Friends...

"quick get in the car!" the rain started to get heavier as we jumped of the hood, and into the jeep.

"i dislike rain." i stated and tucked my legs into my chest. i started to shiver as it got colder.

"hey are you cold?" Calum without hesitating reached to the back of the van and grabbed a hoodie. "here" he wrapped it around my shoulders and pulled the hood over my head, smirking.
"what time did joy want us back?" breaking the silence was something i was too good at. i never intended to, but i could never sit in silence. it was like a curse almost. i never liked talking anyway, so i never knew why i had this 'talent'.
"in about 10 minutes." he replied dryly looking at his phone screen.

- - -

we started to make our way back home when we got caught in traffic. Neither of us expected there to be traffic at this time. Calum started to text his mum, telling her we were going to be late. I increased the volume of the radio, and Calum and i both looked up at each other as A Day To Remember started to blast through his speakers.

"shit this song is good?!" i announced as we both started to play our non-existant guitars, ignoring the sirens around us. i finally looked towards the front of the road to see a large gap that had been created.
"Calum drive quick!!" i playfully punched his shoulder as he soon realised that everyone was honking at us. "oh my god Calum that was-"
"fun as fuck bro, fun. as. fuck." Calum interrupted as we finally past the traffic lights. i had stopped laughing at Calums statement and turned to my window.

The sky was a light pink with tints of dark blue. i concentrated on the sidewalk as i watched the different people walk across them. I focused on one man as we came to another traffic light. He looked so familiar. He suddenly turned and looked at our car. His eyes were scary and his face a sickly ashy shade. My eyes mat his and i instantly knew who he was.
Calum was on his phone and not driving, but the green light was shining bright against his skin. The man started to walk across the road and towards the car.

"CALUM DRIVE!" i yelled with tears of fear forming in my eyes. Calum instantly dropped his phone on his lap and sped forward.
"dude you didn't need to ye-" he turned and looked at me and didn't say another word. he slowly pulled up into an empty motel parking space. "hey. Daisy look at me." he gripped on my hand as i wiped away the tears with another.
"someone really fucking scary came running toward the car and he just...he looked terrifying." i decided not to tell him that he looked exactly like the man Joy had taken me away from, because then I'd have to explain, and i was sick and tired of having to explain myself.

"okay. if you say so." he didn't look convinced but started up the engine, and started to drive out of the motel parking lot. Since Calum had pulled over and left the short cut route, we now had to take the longer way home. which made me feel even more guilty because i didn't want Calum ti have to drive for so long.

- - -

We pulled up outside the house, now almost an hour and a half late. We unbuckled our seat belts and sat in silence. Neither one of us dared to move, and it was probably the most awkward situation I've ever been in. Calum turned to look at me, as i sat with my legs crossed looking down at my chipped black nails.

"Daisy, i want you to know you can call me, or come up to my room and talk to me if you need anything. Even if you just want to sit in silence, i could sit in silence with you?" i refused to look up to smile at him and say thank you. I couldn't and i didn't understand why.
"hey." he held my face and wiped away the tears i forgot to brush away. I looked up at his sleep, hazel eyes and couldn't turn away from then. He started to slowly lean in and sat so still, he maybe thought i was dead. So i finally decided to speak.

"Calum we're late." i shook out of his lose grip on my face and resumed to looking at my legs.
"um.....ok then" he replied carelessly.
"Calum." i stopped him from getting out of the car angrily and storming to his room in a huff.
"Thank you for your offer." i smiled at him, then jumped out of the car and headed for the front door. Where Calum and i patiently waited for Joy to step out and give us a lecture.

- - -

I'm sorry this chapter took so long to write, and i kind of notice this book is going to be incomplete like the majority of stories i write lmao. This chapter is really shitty even though i havent updated in a month and had enough time to think about it but oh well ANYWAYS MOVING ON!!

I'm thinking of occasionally making Playlist chapters. I never really thought of making one because idk but yehhhh. If i can be bothered i will make a playlist chapter ayyyye ook bye! ~(◕✿)