Chapter eleven

"AHHHHH MY BABY IS ONE TODAY OOOOOOOO, AYEEEEEEEEEE MY LORD IS GOOD OOOO" my mum screamed waking me up. I kissed my teeth and covered my head with my duvet trying to block it out when she came in and stripped the duvet off me.

"Mum why" I asked seriously

"You are going to eat well today even if I have to feed you myself oya rise"

I stood up and dragged my feet on the floor. I made my way into my sister’s room giving her presents and a big kiss on the cheek wishing her a happy birthday. She starting laughing when I gave her raspberries then did little cute farts. My mum called me and shouted that food was ready.

"Mum I don't want to eat!" I shouted.

"You better come downstairs now!"

I slowly walked down the stairs bouncing KD on my hips. I ate as much as I could but my mum wasn't having it, she was treating me like a child by putting the wooden cane on the table to make it seem threatening but it didn't faze me.

"Nifemi you want to give me heart attack"

I rolled my eyes and finished everything; she clearly knows I don't like eating breakfast. When I was done I washed my plate and ran back upstairs for my phone, I unlocked it and saw a message from Dwayne.

- can't wait to see you today better look fine for me yh ;) 

Your future hubby.

I smiled the message but did not reply, he changed his name on my phone and I couldn't be bothered to change it back to Dwayne. I had my bath and just wore a tracksuit due to me going to Edith’s place to put more tracks in. I forced my dad to take me since my mum was too busy with everything. I got to Edith’s and she I kept knocking but no one came to open the door, I called her 9 times and she didn’t pick up, I was about to leave when the doors opened.

“Femi I wasn’t expecting you till 2”

I looked at the time and it was past 2

“It’s almost to three” I replied confused

She rubbed her face and chuckled opening the door wider for me. She told me to patiently wait for her so she can brush her teeth and get the things ready. I smiled when I saw her enter the living room placing a chair in front of her, I took a seat and passed her the packet of weave.

“So all you want is more tracks in”

“Yes please and are you coming to my sister’s birthday party”

“OF COURSE! I have a lot of love for that girl I can’t wait till she's old enough for me to do her hair”

“That’s great”

She added more tracks in and put some cream on it making it glow. She told me not to pay but I did giving her £20, I left her place and made my way to the bus stop because my dad said he will either pick me up or drop me not both. When the bus came I sat on the top deck putting my legs across the chair as it was empty, I plugged my headphones it and put it straight on Keyshia Cole ft Monica – Trust. I bobbed my head to it and sang along, this song just makes me smile so much. The bus stopped and I was getting off at the next one, someone was coming up and it was Jamal, I cut eyed him and stopped singing. He noticed me and sighed sitting in the middle of the top deck; I pressed the bell when the bus left the bus stop standing up ready to go downstairs. He watched me but then stopped me by blocking my path taking my headphones out.

“Can you give my headphones back please” I said looking in his eyes and all I saw was sympathy, I tried reaching for them when he lifted them up higher so I couldn’t.