Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Jared POV

I laugh "Why not?"

"Because of what it says," Isabelle glares at me "You're Jared Padalecki!"
"I like it," I tell her. And I'm not lying. When I saw her earlier today wearing it I was . . turned on.

She frowns and I want to reach out and smooth the crease between her eybrows. I don't though.

"Why?" She asks.

Shit, did I say that out loud? I clear my throat "What?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you pay attention to me?" She asks with a sigh.
"Why wouldn't I?" I retort.

"Look at me," She says in a quite voice.
"I am," I whisper back.
After a moment she grins "Did we seriously just quote Fifty Shades Of Grey?"

"What?" I can't help but smile at her.
Isabelle laughs "Don't you dare start Anastasia Steele-ing me."
"I'm very tempted to Steele you," I chuckle.
She tries to hide her smile "Not funny. Answer my question." All humor is wiped from her face.
"Why wouldn't I be attracted to you?" I ask. She gulps. I walk toward her and she steps back.
"You're beautiful and unique and insane," I tell her. And I love you, my subconcious adds.
She smiles softly "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," I nod.

"I want a tattoo," She tells me "I always have. I have a few I've always wanted." I can tell she's trying to distract me.
"Why don't you get one?" I grin.

"Because I wouldn't know what to get," She replies.

"You said you had a few you've always wanted," I frown.
She sits on the bed "I wouldn't know which to get."

"I know you're changing the subject," I inform her.
"Fine," She sighs in defeat "I'll wear the damn shirt."

Isabelle stuffs the vest into her bag then moves around the room collecting stuff. She picks her laptop up and puts it in her messenger bag. She brings that damn thing everywhere.
"I'm ready," She smiles.
We head out and I bravely reach for her hand. She intwines her fingers with mine. She squeezes my hand and I return it. I grin down at her. She smiles back up at me.
We get into the elevator and Isabelle mutters something.

"What?" I frown.
"Fifty shades." She mutters.

I laugh "What do you mean?"

"Elevators," She giggles.
I sigh dramatically "You need to get out more."
She makes a strange face "I get out enough. I have a lot of experiences."

"You're what 23? You're experiences are from books and movies and tv shows," I smile at her "What's the best realistic thing you've ever read about?"
She chews her lip "That's an idiotic question."
I frown "What?"
"How can I choose?" She scrunches up her nose in an exaggerated frown
I laugh "When you do choose we should do it."
"What do you mean?" She cocks her head slightly.
How am I this bad at asking her out? "We could maybe. . . you know, go on date."

"I'd love to," She smiles "I think I know what I'd choose."
"What is it?"

"Something original," She whispers "Something I haven't read about."

"I can do that."

"And I'm almost twenty one," She corrects my earlier statement.

I try to hide my grin.

Isabelle POV

We drive in silence to Jared's house. When we get there I head upstairs to the room I stayed in the other night to put my stuff down. My phone rings.
"Hey Rose," I say upon answering.
"Hey," She says cheerfully "Jensen is gone to get Doritos and popcorn so I thought I'd call you."