Untitled Part 4

When I reach my home, I quickly stuff the note into my pocket, but not quick enough. Peeta saw me and when he comes to greet me,  he nonchalantly plucks it from my pocket. Despite my protests, he smiles and waves it around in my face.

" What is this?"

"Its nothing give it back" I grumble as I lunge trying to regain the cursed paper from his grasp

"If it was nothing you wouldn't be making such an effort to conceal it from me. "

I try to reach for it again but of course he pulls it up over my head teasingly

"You know what Peeta, you win I give up...whatever do what you want. I am hungry, so I'm going to kiss the kids good night and go eat something." I say very annoyed

Peeta grabs me in his arms and scoops me up. He carries me into the kitchen and starts to heat up some bread and leftover lamb stew from the night before. He sets a bowl in front of me and turns to leave.

"Wait, will you stay with me"

"always" he replies and sits down in the chair opposite of me. "So whats this all about huh?"

"Well just read it..." I say

He scans down the paper, his brows furrowing together.

I know what the letter reads.

"Catnip, look I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you, but you can't blame me for what happened. I didn't know that Prim would be there, and I didn't know that 13 would actually use my designs. I didn't know. I need to tell you how I feel. Meet me in the meadow at dusk. I can't keep living like this. Hunting partners are hard to find, especially good ones. I still love you.    Gale"

When Peeta finishes reading he puts the paper down gently and walks out of the house, and onto the porch. Gale's written words haunting the both of us..."I still love you"