chapter 7

When I awaken again, I lift my arm to scratch my face, but I wince in pain forgetting that it was broken. Peeta looks at me, his eyes filled with concern. I don't think he knows my arm must be broken.

"What happened Katniss? We were supposed to meet in the meadow. I stood there for hours calling your name and you didn't answer. Do you know how worried I was? It was like the quell all over again."

I'm shocked, because we agreed to never speak about the games ever again. It's one of those things that we wanted to forget about, but only the bad parts.

"I found tracks, and I followed them." I mumble

"Dammit Katniss, You know how I feel about that! Going off on your own, without telling me!"

"Oh calm yourself." I shift my position and groan. "Where are the kids?"

I look away from his stern glare. 

"Don't change the subject. I mean seriously, you could have been killed, Tell me, do you want that to happen" 

Then he gets this look on his face that my mother used to give me when Prim and I came home dripping wet leaving muddy footprints on her clean carpets. I giggle at the memory.

"So this is funny to you?" he spits "I was worried sick! You know how I get..." 

He's pissed off right now. I don't have the energy for this. I just need to rest.

"Peeta, I love you, but I need you to leave me alone. I'm sorry, I need rest."

"Fine. Whatever." He walks angrily from the room.

sorry Its so short, I mean all of the chapters are short but this one is shorter than usual. I have a whole composition book filled with my writings for this story! Let me know any suggestions!

MAL