Chapter 3 The Note

Peeta and I sit there in the silence enjoying eachothers prescence. He caresses my hair gently assuring me that he's gone. I turn and look up, staring into those sky blue eyes that  I fell in love with all those many years ago. "I'm so sorry Peeta, I..." 

"Shhh...Its okay, you don't need to explain yourself. your grief and sorrow that you keep bottled up inside you exploded. I understand Its okay. " he says"You have every right to do what you did, and besides I knew this would happen eventually, that he couldn't stay away for long."

I know he's just trying to help, but it isn't. "I'm going to hunt. Rose and Sage shouldn't see me like this." I say

"Do whatever you need to do, but promise me if you meet him again punch him in the face." he laughs

I kiss him and run off down the porch steps.

"Forgetting something" Peeta calls, grinning

I smack my forehead , how could I forget! I was about to leave without my bow... I sprint back up the stairs peck Peeta on the cheek and grab my bow and sheath of arrows. I take off down the path and into the woods. I dodge through the trees and make my way to the little house in the meadow. I like to keep it stocked with food and goods because the kids like to come here and play while Peeta and I sit and talk. I decided to grab an apple before I hunt. I kicked open the ancient door and notice that there are dusty footprints on the floor, and they are too big to belong to anyone I know. Someone or something was in here. 

"Damn it" I mutter to myself as I step on some broken glass, splintered wooden planks, and food debris. 

My whole supply of goods were wiped out... I should've listened to Peeta about putting a lock on everything, the door, the windows, even the cabinets. I know who has been here, the only person other than myself and my family who knows it exists. But what does he want with me? Why show up now, why try to make the effort now? After all these years...I kick Sage's rubber ball across the floor and watch it bounce off the wall, then the door. I see a paper fluttering gently in the breeze. I walk slowly to the wooden door and pry the knife sticking the paper to the door. I turn the knife over in my hand, what the hell? This is my hunting knife from the rebellion. Where did he get this...I quickly scan the paper... I sprint off back towards the village, the note crushed in my hand.

Hey guys! I know its been a while since I have posted anything but more will be on the way!

Mal