Chapter 30

I make my way to the closets cafe that's near the dorms.
I go and get coffee and a cake on a stick. I mean, it's good, right?

As I sit at one of the free tables I see people keep glancing at me like I have a third head.
As I'm about to get up to leave from the uncomfortable gazes, I see Erik rush in.

Oh, here we go. He's going to make a big darn scene in front of the people who are already looking at me weirdly.
Great just great.
But I wasn't expecting him to be so close to my face, so close to me.
"Emily," he breathes out and his breath is on me. We're that close but I have no time to step back when he putshis lips on my own pair of lips.
Then the strangest thing happened, I kiss him back and then everyone's clapping so I push him off.

I feel the heat go on my face and I know I'm beat red and I feel the tears in my eyes.
And Erik looks smug till he sees my face. The worry is written all over his face.

Before anyone can say or do anything, I rush out.

And I'm getting really tired of running from things.

I hear Erik chasing after me calling my name but I can't stop. As I'm almost to my dorm room steps he yanks my hand and turns me to face him.

"Emily, please give me a chance! Heck, you kissed me back! It's got to mean something!"

"No, Erik it means nothing. That was just my second kiss, so of course I'm going to kiss back."

Then his lips are on mine.

Then after what seems like forever, his lips leave mine.

"What about then? Was it still the you 'had to' thing?"
"Shut up, Erik. Just. Please, let me go "
"Not until you give me a chance "
"No. I can't and I won't. You know nothing about me and this right here, being demanding, I won't have it. That leads to beatings and being trapped by you and I won't have it!"
He flinches so hard that I easily escaped him.

That night I threw all the work I had across the dorm and cried.

I cried about everything.

I feel Hali comforting me and then Cassie. They don't even ask.
They don't even know and they're just holding me like I'm going to shatter into a million pieces if they let go.

"I'm okay guys."
"Are you sure me and Cassie can stay in your bed and do a sleep over?"
"It's alright, I'm going to be fine."

They nod.
"Anything you want to tell us ?"
Cassie asks.
I don't want to tell them so I don't
"If you too want to know really know, go ask Erik."

But they don't move. They insist on doing the sleep over and with me. That is how I cried over everything and nothing. That moment when I stopped crying I decided I was done being a cry baby.

I think Cassie and Hali felt my change because they hugged me.

That's when all three of us burst into laughter and ended up falling onto the floor