Chapter 9

We wait patiently in the hall as they lie Niall in bed and help him get situated. Soon they tell us that we can go in and see him since he's awake. Harry and Louis walk in first and i soon follow. Louis, Juju, Lucy and Harry sit on the opposite side of the bed as me and Sam. Niall looks around at our worried, tired, somber faces and almost looks confused. He avoids my teary eyes.

"N-Niall?" I struggle to squeeze the words out of my scratchy, swollen throat. I cried for a strait hour until the doctors finally told me that we could visit. 

"Y-Ya?" He says with equal pain and attempt. It is almost painful to watch as he avoids my eyes and pretty much my face altogether. I try to hide my anger behind my worry and unhappiness. 

"Please.." I start to choke up but swallow my tears hard, "Look at me for a second..." At this point the others are heading out of the room to let us be alone. Personally I don't think they should have to leave the room over me, i mean they have known him longer... But whatever. I do appreciate it.

Niall looks at me, strait in the eyes. All of the sudden, anguish flutters on his face. "Annie?" He says, lifting a hand up to my face and wiping tears away with his gentle thumb. "Why are you crying?" 

"Why shouldn't I be?? Niall, have you forgotten that you were shot?! Not to mention, only five inches from the heart! Niall, I was paralyzed in worry!! And worst of all," Now tears and sobs fall, "Is that this happened at your work, which you didn't trust me enough to even tell me where you work!  If this is where 'work' lands you, then you BETTER start explaining!!" I had lost my temper, but Niall just patiently listens, clinging on to every word.

I am flustered, red in the face, heat in the heart. He shushes me like my mum did whenever i fussed over something as a small child, and talks in a low and calm voice, "Annie, you saw what happened to me by simply iinsulting that Jake kid? I do not want that happening to you! It wouldn't only put you in danger, It would put your friends and mine in danger! I don't want to visit Harry with a broken ankle in the freaking hospital!" He is loosing it as well. He's never talked to me like this! This is when i remember that we've only been bore dating for 5 or 6 days, Iv'e lost count. I'm tired.

"Niall... it's just... never mind. I'm glad your'e OK." I say trying to 360 on the subject.

"Ditto... I'm tired. Good night." I nod and watch him sleep and end up falling asleep with my head on the side of the bed.

*

When i wake i hear silent moans and continue to pretend to sleep. I position my head slowly to see a blonde and brown tangled mess on the chair next to me and make out that it's Lucy and Harry. Wow.. They got friendly fast.... I lift my head and stare at them for a moment until they realize that i'm awake. 

"Oh! Um.. hi... Awkward." Lucy says blushing.

I just nod and head to the bathroom to wash up. They got cozy really fast....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

done!!