12. Chains

(G/n)'s POV

Kirito stared at me.

"Heathcliff is the final boss on the final floor and you didn't tell anyone? He told you?"

I nodded slowly, feeling Rin leap away from me.

"But it's our chance of getting out of this nightmare game!" he complained, making me scoff.

"As if. Do you honestly think you can defeat him? We're only on the eightieth floor!"

"What level are you guys?"

I blinked.

"Uh... I'm level 127 and Kirito is level 132."

"I'm level 158. We can defeat him!" Rin exclaimed, obviously confident.

I felt my jaw drop.

Rin's more than thirty levels above me?! What the flipping hell?!

I rubbed my wrists, sighing heavily.

"I know he's the final boss, but I don't know how he knows that the game will be beaten tomorrow. But he mentioned something about the seventy fifth floor boss room. We aren't going though, alright Rin?"

He pouted, glaring at the ground.

"Yeah."

~Time skip to tomorrow brought to you by pizza because it's pizza~

I opened my eyes, light blinding me.

I let my eyes rest on the dark figure laying next to me, and smiled softly.

"Kirito-kun~" I whispered, "You're so cute in your sleep."

I cuddled closer to him, resting my head on his chest.

"I love you, Kirito."

After a few minutes, he stirred, his dark charcoal eyes focusing on me.

"Morning, (g/n)..." he muttered.

I scooted back slightly, letting him sit up and stretch. He looked over to Rin's bed.

"Hey, (g/n)?" he looked at me with confusion and concerned glazing his eyes, "Where's Rin?"

I ran around the entire house quicker than you could read a limerick, searching for him.

"Rin!" then realization struck me, really hard in the chest.

... but he mentioned something about the seventy fifth floor boss room...

I dashed out of the house after equipping armor and briefly explaining the situation to Kirito.

"Please stay here. I'll get Rin and be right back, ok?"

He was about to protest when I gently kissed him.

I put my hands on his shoulders as he angled his head to the side to deepen the kiss.

I pulled away, giving him a tiny smile.

"Please stay here."

He nodded slowly.

Then I ran off, chasing after the small blonde haired boy who I had grown to love.

Rin's POV

I held Asuna's Lambent Light in my right hand as I faced Heathcliff.

I can help the people who are trapped in here.

I kept a wary eye on my HP bar, which was about seventy percent full.

Heathcliff's was ninety.

I clenched my teeth and my sword.

I'll do this for Kirito, Asuna, and (g/n). And everyone else in SAO. But... How did (g/n) know about Heathcliff?

These thoughts raced through my mind over and over again as he repeatedly blocked my attacks with his shield.

Then I felt the sword fly out of my hand.

"Sorry kiddo. Game over." he announced, his voice filled with triumph.

Then my sword came flying into his arm, making him lose ten percent of his HP.

"Get away from Rin, you bastard!" (G/n) exclaimed, fury obvious in her (e/c) eyes. I could feel the dark aura protruding from her, she was that mad.

Heathcliff sighed

"You know you can't fight me, (g/n)."

She looked down, lightly holding her wrist.

Then I saw them. The shackles on her wrists.

"Let me resume my battle with this boy, would you?"

"Never." she growled, then dashed at an unbelievable speed towards him with Dragonfire.

He sighed again and snapped.

I heard (g/n) cry out as she was flung against the wall.

"(G/n)!" I exclaimed, then I snatched Lambent Light and held it at the ready.

He laughed and fought me with little to no effort.

My HP gauge was dangerously low, and the battle was hopeless. I was going to lose no matter what.

I heard a clang as (g/n) dropped her sword, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Rin! Run while you can! Just get away!" she made these cries, though I wouldn't listen.

Then there was an (f/c) flash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: ANOTHER AWESOME CLIFFHANGER!
Kaneki: is she always like this?
Rin: yeah.
Natsu: you would know.
Rin: what's that supposed to mean?!
Natsu: weren't you guys doing something la-
Me: *beats the heck out of him*
Rin: *walking away awkwardly*
Ed: *hiding camera behind back and smirking*
Me: you wanna die, Fullmetal?!
Ed: *breaks camera out of fear*
Me: ANYWAYS! Sorry I've been taking forever to update. I've been... Busy...
Rin: weren't you just drawing on your phone?
Me: shaddup!
Morpher: lemmeseepleaseiwannaseewhatyoudrewisitKirito-kun?! *has a massive nosebleed*
Me: um... No.
Kirito: *staring at Morpher and blushing*
Me: hehehehehehehe... Oh, and if I accidentally put (y/n) instead of (g/n), it was an accident. I'm used to (y/n), not (g/n).
Kirito: yeah, yeah.
Me: *random leek* you wanna go there, emo?
Kirito: ...
Me: *throws leek at Rin* go make sukiyaki or something!
Rin: *already in kitchen* huh?
Me: oh! And... I'm afraid... That I'm gonna have to wrap this one up soon... It's too short though... Maybe I'll make other parts like times with Asuna, Silica, Klein, and Lisbeth.
Kirito: sequel?
Me: yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. The ending is going to devastate most of you, so I must make a sequel.
Morpher: *secretly looking at camrea footage* AKITA!
Me: I though the camera was broken!
Ed: its viral...
Me: *dies of embarrassment*
Rin: *continues cooking, but adds sleep drops to everyone but his and my bowl*