Teaser

*some of this teaser is repeated in the first chapter but most of it isn't!*

Beads of sweat trickled down his face as he balled his hands in fists. He was nervous. I was sure of it. He looked down at the ground before him and took in a deep breath. His pink lips moved slowly; He was clearly mumbling to himself. Then he shut his eyes, took one more deep breath, and moved even closer to the edge of the building.

"Please" I whispered.

He glanced at me, a movement so quick he could've easily lost his balance. I slowly walked over to him, knowing that if I ran he would've been frightened.

"Please don't do this." I was careful to speak quietly.

His green eyes were filled with tears and his lips quivered as he struggled to speak. "Wh-who are you?"

"Someone who wants you alive" I sincerely told him.

I held out my hand for him to take, but he rejected me and returned his eyes to the ground. "I know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work." He smiled insincerely and almost laughed. The action itself was disheartening. "You don't care about me. You just want to be a hero. I can see the headlines now. Brave girl saves suicidal man from building. Honestly, it's a good idea. They always remember the hero, never the victim."

I took in a deep breath and stood beside him. "If you want to leave this world, you'll just have to take me with you."

He looked at me, horrified at my suggestion. "I don't even know you!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yet here I am willing to die for you."

"No, you can't. I won't allow it."

"And why not?"

"Because you're one of them" He said, pointing down at the people below the building we were standing on. "You belong in this world. "

"So do you." I told him. "And I'll prove it."

I stretched out my hand for him to take.

He hadn't completely rejected me this time. Instead, he stared at my hand, as if he were contemplating the consequences.

"You swear?" He asked.

"I swear."

He nodded his head and I sighed with relief. Then, together, we stepped away from the edge of the building.

"See that wasn't so-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the boy fell to his knees and broke into sobs. "It just hurts. It's hurts so bad."

I sat next to him and gently laid his head on my shoulder. Instead of moving away, he did the complete opposite and leaned in closer.

I rubbed his back to calm him down and after a few minutes, his crying ended and he moved away from me.

After a brief silence, I asked him for his name.

"Harry... Harry Styles." He replied between sniffles.

I smiled at him and even though he didn't smile back at me genuinely, I still noticed the tiny bit of effort he put in to crack a smile.

"My name's Valerie Evans."

He hesitantly stretched out his arm and shook my hand before quickly pulling away. "And Harry, I meant it when I said I would prove you belong in this world. I never break my promises."

**COMING SOON**

©All rights reserved to @sheloves_1direction

Just a reminder... this was just a teaser.