Chapter Twenty One

-Valerie-

When I got home, I lazily dropped face first onto my couch. I pressed my hand against my forehead as if I could push my sudden headache away. I couldn't do this back and forth anymore. One day I wanted Zayn, the next I wanted Harry. It was all too confusing.

A soft knock on my door interrupted my boisterous thoughts. "Val, it's me. Please open up."

It was Angie. I couldn't believe she had the nerve to come here.

"Go away," I groaned. My head hurt too much to yell at her.

"Alright, guess I'll have to do this my way," she said.

Next thing I know, I heard the lock on my door unlock and the turning of a door knob. I really needed to get that key back from her.

"I'm not doing this today, Angie," I told her.

"Trust me. You want to hear what I have to say."

I turned around and faced her, suddenly interested in what she had to say. "Go on."

"Okay, first of all, I am not dating Zayn."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Save it. He already told me everything."

"Val, I swear he tricked me. He told me he needed a date to his event so I thought I was doing him a favor. I didn't even know you were going."

"Why would I tell you? I haven't heard from you in forever."

Angie began to look nervous. "I know. I'm sorry."

"You've never disappeared like that before. What happened?" I asked her.

"Please don't get mad."

"No promises," I quickly replied.

"Well Zayn wasn't lying about us entirely," she began.

I tightened my hands into fists, trying to refrain myself from hurting her. "Continue," I said through clenched teeth."

"It's true. I had sex with him the night you broke up, but it was only that one time. He tried to see me again, but I kept making excuses. I felt so guilty, I just couldn't face you. Val, I'm so sorry."

"Well it's a good thing I heard this from Zayn instead of my best friend," I said sarcastically.

"It was a mistake and I'll regret it forever."

"You don't understand how bad I want to hurt you right now," I bluntly told her.

Her eyes grew watery and I sighed. "But I won't."

"I'll make it up to you. I swear," she told me.

"Just give me time, okay?"

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Good. Now that that's settled feel free to let yourself out because I desperately need a nap."

"Actually Val, there's more you should know."

I sighed. "Alright. Lay it on me."

"At the event, I walked in on Zayn going at it with some skinny blonde in a closet."

I shrugged my shoulders. "So what? He's single."

"Right, but then I thought if that's who he's messing around with now, why wouldn't he just take her as his date instead of asking me?"

"Probably to hurt me," I sullenly replied.

"Maybe, but I couldn't help myself. I just had to find out who this girl was. So, I described what she looked like to Niall and he told me everything."