Chapter Six

Two months had passed since we ran away and me and Terri are still sending letters back and forth. The forest felt more like a home now the winter was cold and unfamiliar to us, we were used to the baking Avainos sun but we got by with blankets and jackets.

It was three days till Jason's birthday I could tell he was scared about what power he will have but he couldn't have been scared he'll be claimed for Dark. He's was nothing like them. It's a natural fear, to be claimed for Dark everybody has evil inside them it's just whether they decide to embrace or dispel it.

Rosie was doing well, she just started school she's really fitting in too which is great it's just how I wanted her to grow up. I missed her though and Jason does two he's still blaming himself for what happened but I guessed it will always be like that he would never forgive himself even if I have a long time ago.

My thoughts silenced as heard movement outside the tent.

"Jason" I whispered.

No answer.

I grabbed my bow and arrows then quietly crawled outside. I saw it, a snake I screamed and shot at it but it turned into a man the first thing I saw was the dreaded mark burnt into his arm. He was a Dark One.

"Helena!" Jason shouted as he came out of his tent holding a bow ready to fire "Who are you?" He demanded.

"Kiton" The man answered in a deep callous voice "and we are not happy we want the girl"

Jason pulled me behind his back protectively "Which girl?" He said obviously referring to Rosie as well as me.

"That one" Kiton said as he disappeared, my whole body lurched forward I felt a strong gust of wind. I saw myself being dragged away from Jason who shouted my name he looked straight past me like I was invisible. With a sharp reappeared with me in his arms and a knife to my throat. I didn't know how it happened, one second I was behind Jason the next facing him and close to death.

"Put down the weapon or watch her suffer" Kiton threated as he did a cruel smile developed on his face. I tried to struggle but he pressed the knife closer to my throat. The cold metal almost cutting into my throat

"Jason don't" I tried to say but Kiton covered my mouth with is foul hands. I screamed into his hand and he pressed the knife closer and warm blood trickled down my neck.

Jason looked at me then looked down I could tell he was going to do it. Damn! He dropped his weapons and Kiton put his knife back into his pocket. 

"What do you want with her anyway you will never be able to brainwash her she's way to strong" Jason argued his voice full of resentment

"Well let's just wait and see" Kiton said. The same sensation pulled me away from the forest still held captive in his arms.