Chapter 6

A/N: Well, thank you for waiting~! So I was re-reading this fanfic then I saw some errors here and there on my draft and I wasn't really sure if I edited them here in wattpad... so I thought I'll just check them some other time of course XD Anyways, I'm feeling quite inspired right now so hopefully...  I might update faster! :D

-----

Days have passed since the cookie incident, but it still bothered you. You probably would have been in cloud nine if you liked the guy but... Yeah, you didn't. There also wasn't any progress with your non-existent friendship with him.

"Hey! I've got an idea!" Mayumi excitedly announced as she placed her tray on the table. For a change, the three of you decided to have lunch at the cafeteria. Aoi sat beside you while Mayumi was across the table.

"I have a bad feeling about this," you murmured.

"Oh come on, it's not bad at all, I promise," said Mayumi.

"I'm tired of your promises," you deadpanned. When Mayumi comes up with ideas, most of it are either ridiculous, plain stupid, has the who-the-hell-would-want-to-do-this feeling to it or it just clearly says YOLO.

"The basketball team is short of managers," Mayumi said ignoring your earlier statement.

"And you want to join?"

"I want us to join," she smiled.

"I can't," Aoi softly said, "I'm already busy with the Drama Club,"

Mayumi's smile faded, "Oh right..." she then turned to you, "Guess it's just you and me,"

"Who said I'm joining?"

"Of course you are!" she beamed.

"Why would I want to waste my time on taking care of sweaty teenage boys?!"

"Because they're hot," Mayumi replied proudly as if it's enough reason to join.

"You're hopeless," you sighed.

-------

In the end, Mayumi convinced you to join; that girl's persuasion skills can be real scary. So here you are now, at the gym, staring at the boys who were running around. You have to admit though, some of them really got the looks.

"Rakuzan's Basketball Club has always had many members," a senior who was also currently a manager, explained, "So it's always good to have new managers each year."

She smiled at the two of you, "I'm Haruna Rika, by the way. Please do feel free to call me Rika."

You and Mayumi has already introduced yourselves earlier. You two were assigned to manage the third string with the assistance of Rika.

"Then we're pleased to meet you, Rika-senpai!" Mayumi said confidently. Rika smiled again. She then explained the things you needed to to do.

It wasn't really hard, and besides, you do like watching basketball. Being a manager of the basketball team can't possibly be that bad. You even saw some of your classmates in the third string; you don't really care much about them though.

"Tanaka-senpai is quite the eye candy, don't you think?" you heard your friend ask you as the two of you watched them do their drills.

"Who's Tanaka-senpai?"

She stared at you wide-eyed,"You don't know?"

"Would I be asking if I did?"

"That one wearing a blue shirt," you looked for a guy wearing a blue shirt and you found him quite easily. How can it possibly be hard if he was the only one wearing blue?