Chapter 15

As you were on your way to the cafeteria (you and your friends had agreed to have your lunch there) you unintentionally bumped someone.

"Oh sorry, I wasn't—" you stopped yourself when you saw who the person was. Mayuzumi... You expected a retort or some sort of insult he usually gives you, but instead after your eyes met for a moment, he just left you wordlessly. On a normal day, you would shrug it off with a smile, but today wasn't a normal day. Because today, you couldn't even smile as he walked away.

He... ignored me...

You tried to convince yourself that you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Maybe it's just his new way of being mean. Maybe he's just slightly irritated because you left him yesterday without answering his question. But he didn't even answer when you asked him why should he care if something was wrong with you(deep down, you thought that he would never really be honest enough to admit that he actually cared, even just a little), it should be even now right?

That moment you realized, just how important that guy is to you.

You just continued on your way to the cafeteria. You easily found Aoi and Mayumi; you took your food with them and carried our tray to a vacant table. Mayumi had all sorts of gossips to talk about but you weren't paying attention at all. You were too preoccupied by a certain gray-haired guy and his supposedly ex-lover.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?" Mayumi demanded for an answer. You were eating at the cafeteria with your two friends. You stared at Mayumi; you weren't up for some name-calling battle right now.

"Nothing's wro--"

"Shut up, it's clearly written on your face," she cut you off.

"You seem troubled," came Aoi's soft voice. You looked at the two of them, then sighed.

"I-I have this classmate and she's having some sort of problem and..." you trailed off as you shifted your gaze at your food.

"And you're not helping her since it's a love problem?" Mayumi finished for you. You just nodded. "I get it, I'll give you- I mean your classmate some advice, so spill it,"

You frowned. She totally said "you", but you just decided to ignore it and told them your situation with the names censored.

Both of them seemed to give it some thought. "So you were saying that Girl B told Girl A to stay away from this guy, and Girl A did but she's feeling empty for some unknown reason ever since that incident?" Mayumi summed up.

"Girl A just misses him," Aoi concluded with a smile.

"Wh-what I— I mean she said that—"

"I'm not yet finished," Aoi held up a hand, "Just tell her to admit her feelings,"

"But Girl A told Girl B that she'll root for her," you replied sadly.

"No, she should admit her feelings to herself is what I'm trying to say," Aoi replied. "She hasn't admitted it to herself yet, that's why she's having a hard time,"

"Oh," was all that came out from your lips.

So I l-like Mayuzu— Argh! This is impossible!

"Anyway, she should just confess to the guy!" Mayumi interjected with a grin.

"But how about her friendship with Girl B?" you asked.

"Screw that," Mayumi immediately replied with a poker face.

"You're not helping!" you frowned at her.

"If they're really good friends, Girl A should tell Girl B about her feelings. That way, she won't be backstabbing her, right?" Aoi said.