Chapter 1

Getting sick on the first day of school of your first year in high school, now that's not really a good start. You were looking forward to it. Finally, you're now a high school student in Rakuzan, but since you are sick, you are now spending your first day in your bed while staring at your ceiling.

I wonder who will be my seatmates...I hope they're nice. Will I be together with Aoi-chan and Mayu-chan? You wondered trying to keep your mind busy. You imagined what your high school life will be. Your mind wandered around so many things until you decided that you probably need to rest.

****

"What do you mean only I got separated?!" you exclaimed as you walked beside your friends.

"You heard us right. Apparently, Aoi and I are in the same class...sorry (your name)," Mayumi replied with an apologetic but teasing smile. You sighed deeply. How could things be so bad? It's been three days; you're finally going to school and this is the first thing you hear. It couldn't get any better, really.

"Cheer up (your name) -chan! Just take this as an opportunity to make new friends right?" Aoi smiled genuinely at you unlike Mayumi's playful smirk.

"But you know I'm not really good at making friends," you whined. The three of you go way back since fourth grade so through the years, it's only been the three of you. Sure, you had a fair amount of friends but Mayumi and Aoi were definitely the ones closest to you.

"Stop whining (your name), just think that there might be a cute guy in your class," Mayumi said while tapping your back which was followed by a playful giggle from your friend. She was totally making fun of you and she's totally enjoying it.

"I'm not interested in guys for now, I want awesome girl friends!" you replied.

"See ya later at lunch then (your name)-chan," Aoi said as the two of them walked towards their classroom. You stopped in front of the door of your classroom reluctant to open it.

What if they don't welcome me? What if I won't fit in? What if they already have their little circle of friends and they're not interested in having a new member? These thoughts stopped you from actually opening the door and entering the room.

"How long do you plan to stand here? It's getting annoying, really," you almost jumped in surprised as you heard a male voice from behind so close that you wondered why you didn't notice. You turned just to meet the chest of the speaker, so you looked up and was met by his gaze.

Cold and empty.

Those were the first words that came to you as you looked up into his eyes. His eyes were a shade of dull gray. You never thought it was possible to have such empty eyes but now you were gazing into the living epitome of the exact opposite of what you believed in. His gray hair even matched the color of his seemingly lifeless eyes.

"And for how long do you plan to stare?" he broke the silence with a smirk. Even as his lips moved upwards ever so slightly that it almost impossible to see... his eyes didn't change, though there was a hint of amusement perhaps.

You then averted your gaze upon realizing that you really had been staring at him. "Sorry," you mumbled softly that you weren't even sure if he heard you.

"Seriously, what an annoying girl you are," he said as he crossed his arms across his chest. "If you're not gonna enter then would you mind stepping aside cause- though the midget that you are- you're still blocking the way?" he continued with a mocked politeness.

"Ah, I'm sorry," you softly replied as you stepped aside with your eyes on the ground. "Ah! Who did you call a mi-" you stopped in the middle of your sentence when you realized that he was already gone, "dget?" you finished the sentence with a soft whisper as you realized that the door to your classroom was already open and some of your classmates were staring at you.

"Ah..." was the only thing that escaped your lips as you stared back at your classmates.

"Ah, you must be (your surname)," you looked at the teacher who just spoke. "I'm Shizuka-sensei, let's get in and I'll introduce you to your new classmates okay?"

You followed Shizuka-sensei but you still can't help but feel fidgety with all those eyes staring at you. "I'm (your surname)(your name). It's nice to meet you!" you said with a bow with your cheeks flushed.

"Well then, (your surname), please take that seat at the back." you went to the seat that Shizuka-sensei pointed; your seat was at the back just one seat away from the window. You settled down and tried to calm yourself. It will be alright; everyone seems nice. You tried to be optimistic. The girl to your right seems nice; befriending her shouldn't be much of a problem. You mentally sighed in relief when she smiled at you as your eyes met. That's already an improvement right?

You looked to your left just to find your seatmate staring outside the window. It was a guy this time; you immediately dropped the idea of befriending him because befriending guys wasn't really your strong point. You looked more closely...well that gray hair seems familiar though...could it be him?

What the- I hope not.

****

Disclaimer: Kuroko no Basuke belongs to Fujimaki Tadatoshi ^^

Nijicchi's Notes : Hey there! I hope you enjoyed! Well, obviously, this fic took place in Mayuzumi's first year in high school so this is pretty much just experimental for me. I hope he didn't seem to OOC even if his moment was just brief. I originally thought about making a oneshot but then I remembered that I'm not really good with oneshots so here it is! A series as the fruit of my love for Mayuzumi Chihiro! I hope you won't mid the OCs that I will put here and there >,<