Chapter Ten

The next morning, I decided to take a walk. I'd find Vincent later and train with him, but for now, I wanted to relax.

The breeze felt extremely nice. After yesterday's success, I was really happy and content right now. Though I still had more to learn, I finally brought the flowers back to life. If I kept practicing, who knows what I can do. The people here think I can do more and I believe I can as well.

I thought back to how I needed to find a way out of this world. So far, I haven't found a clue as to where this place is anyways or how I can get back. I looked down to my pendent. The ruby pendent held the clue to how I got here in the first place.

This small object was the key. If it brought me here then it can bring me back. And maybe I can go back to living my old, boring life. I sighed and looked up towards the sky with melancholy filled eyes. It's for the best anyways. I don't belong here. Never had, never will.

As I walked around, something caught my eye. Something glimmered in the trees and somehow, I was attracted to it.

I walked over to the object almost trance like and stopped when I ended up right in front of the supposed object near the tree. Nothing was in sight. I looked around and even spun in a circle and I still didn't find anything. Odd. Then, I heard a rustle in the trees. Vincent? More rustling occurred and a breeze filled the area. There was a noticeable thump and I swirled around to face the source of the noise.

When I turned around, a man probably in his early 20's with eyes dark as the night staring at me maybe 5 feet away from me. His hair was white as snow and skin just as pale which was extremely odd.

The man gave a wry smile and then spoke. "Serenity, is it?" He asked with a melodic voice.

I froze. Who is this man? This world is freaking me out. Like come on, who has white hair anyways? The creepy Volturi guy from Twilight?

"Who are you?"

The man with the white hair gave a tight grin. "Not important right now. What is important is that you are Serenity, correct?"

Should I tell him my name? What if he's going to hurt me?

"And what if I am Serenity? What's it got to do with you?" I responded, my voice filled with a snarky attitude.

The man's upper lip quirked up in amusement. "Well, if you were Serenity, we have a proposition for you."

"Who's we?"

"Not important," the man responded again.

I rolled my eyes. "What kind of proposition?"

"A chance to help us and then get out of this world," he said nonchalantly.

I froze. To get out of this world? Finally back to my mom and my real world?

I walked closer to him. "What would I have to do?"

The man with the white hair smirked. "Use your extraordinary powers, of course."

I looked towards the ground. My powers? I'm still barely learning. But if it's a chance to get home, then I think I'm up for it.

I looked back up to the peculiar man. "Okay, I'll do it."

I'm totally not thinking rationally, but who cares? I don't belong here.

The man smiled triumphantly. "My name is Elijah," he said, finally giving me his name. "You've made a wise choice, Serenity."

I ran a hand through my bangs. Whatever that means. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision just now. I just want to get home. How hard could that be? "So what do I do now?"