Chapter Nine

I woke up to light streaming from the curtains. What was really strange was that I was in an unfamiliar room. My head throbbed with pain. I sat up with my head in my hands trying to ease the ongoing pain.

I looked around and noticed that the room was a deep blue color. Completely different from my gold colored walls. I pulled the covers off of me and stepped onto the ground. I shivered as by bare feet and limbs were exposed to the cold morning air. I looked down to see myself wearing a light blue gown. Was I wearing this before? 

I thought back to the events that happened before. A flash of realization passed through me as I realized that I had passed out trying to kill the flowers. I walked out of the room to search for Vincent. Did he carry me to this room?

As I walked through the castle, I noticed that it was dark out. I didn't really want to go out at night considering Vincent told me not to anymore. He's probably inside, then.

Claire was nowhere to be found either. She's probably still sleeping by now. I wonder if they have clocks here. I was really lost because the only places I knew was my room, the dining hall, and the entrance hall. I didn't know whose room I was to begin with.

I was upstairs and finally came across the stairs. I saw a figure with inky black hair pass the stair case and immediately knew who it was. I raced down the stairs to get to Vincent.

"Vincent!" I yelled after him. He had already turned the corner though. I kept running until I saw his back. He was walking down the stairs so I ran up to him and grabbed his arm. I was a little out of breath when I reached him.

Vincent turned to look at me with a stunned look on his face. It was quite hilarious to watch, actually. His icy blue eyes were wide and his cheeks were pale. He then gave me an annoyed look. "What are you doing down here? Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

I rolled my eyes. "I think I've rested enough. What happened earlier?"

Vincent looked away. "You passed out and I took you to my room to rest."

His room? "Why didn't you take me to my room?"

"My room was closer," he said quietly and coughed suspiciously into his hand.

Was it? I ignored him and let him continue speaking.

"Anyways," Vincent started. "Glad you're okay but we need to continue on with practicing how to control your powers more."

"Uhm, seriously?"

What the heck? I freakin' passed out and he's still trying to get me to work? Sigh. I finally knew what I was going to do. I still need to find a way home. No matter how beautiful this place is or how full of a life I had before, I don't belong here. I'm going to find a way home but in the mean time I'll act like the savior they want me to and then once the job is finished or maybe even before the job is finished, I'll be able to seek a way home.

However, I do need to practice more for whatever is coming in the future.