Chapter Three

Standing in line waiting for my stuff to check out is about the most boring thing to do on a Saturday morning. The line seemed to be about a mile long and every single check stand is filled. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for the line to progress.

Once I got to the front of the check stand, the worker looked as enthusiastic as how I felt. I finished checking out my items and rushed home. The best part of going out on Saturday’s is that after grocery shopping, I can go out and wander the streets window shopping. The town of Clear Water has the most exquisite shops around.

Trinkets, clothing, all sorts of devices are always shown for display. After getting ready to go out again, I sped out the front door. I took my time to enjoy the nice cloudy day and relax since I was in no hurry.

I walked past the usual shops and waved to familiar shop owners. As I came across a peculiar looking shop, I realized that I didn’t recognize the place at all. Pursing my lips, I looked up to read the sign with swirly handwriting.

Bewitching Entchantments

How odd. They must be new.

I crossed my arms pondering on whether I should go in or not.

Eh, what the heck.

Shoving the door wide open, a small bell jingled in response.

The small room inside the shop looked to be very homey. It smelled earthy and fresh. There were tables with glass coverings around the room containing different types of jewelry such as rings, necklaces and bracelets. I looked at the tables more in depth and see that the trinkets look to be very old. Like something from the 16th century. Over on the walls, there are shelves filled with books ranging from different colors to different sizes. It all looked so beautiful and enchanting.

There was an old lady stands who stands by the counter. She looked up with a small quirk of a smile.

“Welcome, how may I help you?

I shot the frail, old lady a gentle smile. “Oh, I’m just looking around, but I’ll let you know if I have any questions.” I said politely.

“No problem,” she replied.

I walked over to the different tables to get a better look of the jewelry.

This particular table consisted of different rings. There were rings from brilliant shades of sapphire, emerald green, ruby red, amethyst, and all sorts of different kinds of stones. After looking at them, I walked over to another table that had a variety of bracelets and necklaces. This table certainly caught my attention.

There was a specific necklace that interested me. It had a dark, ruby red pendant in the shape of an oval with an array of wings flowing from the middle. At the end of the oval shaped pendent, there was a skull and crossbones charm dripping from the end of it. It gave me a bewitching sensation and I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. It was like it was so mesmerizing that it captivated me momentarily. I almost could have sworn that I saw a sliver of a liquid run through the pendant.