Chapter Five

What most people would expect from that delusional statement would be a moment of silence or a look of pure shock from the person receiving this unbelievable response.

What I did was laugh right in Vincent's face.

Vincent gave me a strange look as if I belonged to a psychiatric ward.

"You...hahaha...actually believe I'm the 'Daemon?'" I asked laughing my ass off and wiping the tears away from my eyes. "The one who brought you back to life? Hahahaha!"

Vincent sighed dramatically. I giggled. This was just too good. Now I definitely know this is a dream or something. Yeah! A dream! Like my last one!

"Are you done yet?" He asked impatiently.

"Yeah, I am," I gave him an amused look. "Obviously this is a dream so why don't you continue on with your little story." I spoke in utter denial.

Vincent seemed to get angry at what I had said. So angry that he actually walked up to me and shook me hard on my shoulders.

"What don't you get?!" He yelled right at my face. "Are you stupid?? I've been trying to tell you for God knows how long that you're not human. That this isn't Clear Water anymore. Hell! You're not even on Earth anymore!! You were the one who brought me back to life and you were the one from all those years ago. Your necklace has special properties. It aids you and allows you to weald unimaginable power. You're not normal, okay?! Can you get that through your thick skull?!"

I was actually scared for my life. He was extremely angry that a vein was protruding from his neck. His face flourished in a red color. His words affected me. I stopped laughing immediately. I looked down to see my necklace produce a shine that flashed through the pendent. I touched it gingerly. I knew there was something about this necklace.

"So this isn't a dream then?" I asked shakily.

"Finally! No, this is not a dream. This is all extremely real."

And on that note, reality seemed to fade away.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" I questioned quietly.

"We need to get to the other side of town. There are things lurking in the darkness." He searched around the room and then gazed through the outside of the window. A familiar sound cried out, but I couldn't quite put my thumb on it.

Squawk! Squawk!

What the...are those birds?

Vincent seemed to understand what was going on and shot up straight from the ground.

"We need to get out of here. Now."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my room and then out of the house. It was so strange how familiar his hand felt with mine. His hand was so cold yet comforting at the same time. It felt like he had been outside on a snowy day for at least an hour.

We ran for so long that I didn't even know where we were running to. My feet pounded the cold, hard ground. When I tried to speak, my breath kept getting knocked out due to how fast we were running that I ended up stopping to try and speak. Vincent wouldn't allow for interruptions, however, and continue to pull me along.

We ran past the graveyard and then past the shop that kept my necklace. Then, we kept running until we met the other side of town. It felt like hours of running until we reached our destination. Now this part of town was abandoned. I never questioned nor asked what really happened here but there were rumors of a massive explosion a few hundred years ago that wiped out the whole area. I didn't know if it was true or not.