Chapter 3

I was at my desk when I heard my name being called.

“Audrey?”

When I looked to see who was at my desk I saw him. Logan was standing before me.

“Guess we didn’t have to wait till dinner” he said giving me his signature smile 

“But how did you know it was me?”

“I’d recognize that pretty voice anywhere and Brad gave me a piece of the puzzle when he said your last name”

“Oh” I chuckled “Nice to finally meet you in person LOGAN” I emphasized the last word and smirked at him

“Same to you Miss PRESCOTT” he emphasized my name as I did with his and returned the smirk back at me but with a wink 

A few hours later I was off of work, I said goodbye to our receptionist Lauren Parker and I was now heading to dinner with Logan. 

Dinner was lovely. We spent most of our time talking and laughing earning strange looks from the people around us. It was like I knew him for years. We even took pictures so Mellissa will calm down about the whole stranger situation. 

6 Months later…

It has been 6 months since I met him in person and he has become one of my closest friends. Logan now has a girlfriend of 2 months names Crystal Brooks. I still haven’t met her in person but he has nothing but good things to say about her, so I’m guessing she is nice. 

I moved in with Nathan a couple of months ago and everything was going perfect. Today was our 18 month anniversary. Sadly he was in a business trip and we wouldn’t be able to see each other for a week.

“You should surprise him” He took a sip of his coffee “Business trips are boring and it’s your anniversary” said Logan.

“You think so?”

“Go for it!” he reassured me. 

Logan convinced me to go see Nathan and celebrate our anniversary where he was staying for his business trip. He was staying at his dad’s penthouse in San Diego it’s a 2 hour drive but I can manage.

I went home packed and got ready. Before I made my way to San Diego I asked Mr. Grey if he would be so nice to give me his spare key of the penthouse so I could surprise his son. He gladly handed them over.

When I made it to the pent house it was 12:35 AM Nathan had to be sleeping. I opened the door slowly, set my bags on the living area and made my way upstairs on my tiptoes. 

As I made me way to the master bedroom I heard a strange noise. I opened the door and my jaw drop to the floor.

“Oh Nathan” Mr. Grey’s receptionist moaned.

“That’s right baby say my name!”

They didn’t even notice that the door had opened. She continued to move roughly up and down on top of him. 

“Nathan?” I found my courage “How could you?”

As I was nearly out the front door I felt him grab my wrist and turn me around.

“Blue I can explain! Men have needs and you’re a busy girl so-“

“That doesn’t give you the right to go and fuck other women Nathan” I said cutting him off “Have fun with Lauren, I’ll go pick up my stuff from your apartment this week and don’t even bother talking to me again” I said coldly as I freed my wrist from his hold.

As I was on my way back to LA I left a voice mail on Mr. Grey’s phone

“Mr. Grey its Miss Prescott I am calling to let you know that I won’t be able to attend work all week” My tears were flowing heavily down my cheeks “I understand that a week is a long period of time and if it’s of your pleasing I’ll have my resignation letter on your desk first thing tomorrow morning”