5. Secrets

Mitch P.O.V.
I feel so nervous.... Kirstie's been missing for two weeks already and all three of us still have no clue where she is. And the worst thing is, I've been lying to my best friends about it..... Remember when I told Scott about what happened at the lake? Well.... I lied....

I walk upstairs and knock on Scott's door. It's 1am so I don't expect him to say something.... I quietly open the door and walk to the edge of the bed. "Scotty?" "Hmmm...." He nods and opens his eyes half. "Can I p-please talk t-to you?" I say, getting more nervous by second. He sat up straight and looked at the alarm on his bedside table.

"Mitch it's 1 am, why aren't you quietly asleep in your room??" "Scott I need to talk to you, I've lied to you..... I-It's about Kirstie...." I say when I feel the tears forming in my eyes. I hear a deep sigh, and then I feel arms around me...

"What is it Mitchie?" He says, with a surprisingly quiet rather worried voice. "I-I.... When we went to the lake.... I didn't tell the truth about what happened in the end." I say and start softly crying. "What do you mean? She didn't have to go somewhere?" He says, still not angry but now more surprised.

"No, listen..... We had a fight.... It started as a joke but she suddenly got angry and we started fighting.... We fell in the lake... A-and then, and then she passed out in the water... I helped her get out of the water, but I left her there unconscious and walked away....." I buried my head in Scott's chest when heavy tears took over.

He rubbed my back while I cried into his chest. "Scott I'm s-so so sorry for l-lying..." I said when the tears had stopped. "It's okay Mitchie, I'm glad you told me" he says and pulls me into a hug.

"Glad he told you what?" Alex's voice came from the doorway where he had just appeared. "Mitchie had a fight with Kirst before she went missing, he thinks someone took her when she was laying unconscious at the side of the lake" Scott said to Alex while keeping me in his arms.

"What?! How did she... How did she get unconscious at the side of the lake?! What happened?!" Alex said and ran over to the bed. "Can we just talk about it tomorrow instead of now? It's 1 am and I'm tired AF." Scott said, now sounding irritated. Alex sighed "fine" he stood up and walked back to his room.

"S-scott?" "Yeah?" He let go of me and looked me in the eyes. "Can I sleep with you tonight? I feel very sad, and I think I need some company...." I said and looked at him with puppy eyes.

"No Mitch, not tonight, I'm tired and I need to get a good night rest." He said and laid back down. "Oh.... O-okay...." I sighed and stood up. I walked to my room and cried myself to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Scott P.O.V.

That morning I woke up very late, but that's okay, since it's a Sunday..... When I walk in the kitchen I see Alex, sitting at the kitchen table with eggs and bacon. "Morning, you have some left for me?" I say and point at his plate. "Morning scooter, in the fridge" Alex says and smiles at me.

I walk to the fridge and grab the eggs and bacon. I walk to the table and sit down across from Alex. "What was that thing about last night?" He asks while eating a piece of bacon. After I told him what Mitch had told, and we talked about some other random stuff, we both finished breakfast.

I took our plates and walked to the sink to wash them off, my phone next to the sink 'cause y'know, you can't live without music! I was washing the dishes when mister clumsy, aka Alex, accidentally hits my phone and it falls in the sink.

"ALEX NO! MY PHONE!!" I screamed and tried to safe my phone, but it was too late and my phone was dead. "Oh great! I had to call my manager for dates for new recording sessions! Can I borrow your phone?!" I said and angrily dried my hands and my phone.

"Yeah fine, here catch" he throws his phone at me and luckily for him I catch it. I walk to the living room and starts scrolling through his Whatsapp messages. Y'know, since I'm an evil person and he broke my phone, I can get away with that! Hmmm.... John? Who's John? I click on the conversation and what I see.....

"MITCH?!"