14. mirstie

kirstie P.O.V.

as I woke up the next morning I felt two strong arms around me. I looked up and saw alex tight asleep. I wanted to cuddle up in his chest and sleep some more but right that moment my phone rang. of course my phone rang.... this moment was too perfect to not get ruined...

I wiggled out of alex' arms and stood up to take my phone. I looked at the screen and saw 'queen M'. Mitch... did he have to call this earl- wait it's already 11:30?! oh wow... well I'll pick up then...

"hello? kirstie? are you okay? where are you??" mitch said with a worried tone in his voice. "Mitch relax, I'm at Alex' house. Why are you so stressed?" I answered, not bothering to hide the irritated tone in my voice. "I called you 3 times already! You didn't pick up! Look at the picture I sent you!" And then he hung up.

I open my whatsapp and look at the picture Mitch sent me. I quickly lock my phone when I feel 2 arms find their way around my waist from behind. "Morning Kitten" Alex says as he kisses my cheek. I giggle. "Morning Lexie"

"What were you looking at?" He asked and leaned his head on my shoulder. "Just something Mitch sent me, I don't know what it is... I don't really care either. Do you have any plans for today?"
"Gotta work from 1 to 6 pm, further I'm free"
"Date again tonight? I'll take care of it this time"
"Sure, why not! But I'll pay. I insist."
"Okay" I said with a chuckle. "I'll make us breakfast"
And with that I walked to the kitchen.

I just silently started on breakfast until I heard the shower go on and was sure Alex wouldn't creep up on me again. I took out my phone again and stared at the picture. "Was it Mitch's?" "Was it Scott's?" "How much did they do?" Were the thoughts going around in my head. But the one that bothered me the most was "why?"

I quickly texted Mitch all my questions, cause... What else could I do.....

Kirstin: who's is that?!
Mitchell: Scott
Kirstin: how much did he do?!
Mitchell: I don't know, I haven't seen him, just found this...
Kirstin: and why would he do that?!?!
Mitchell: I can't tell you, I promised him not to.
Kirstin: MITCH?!?!
Mitchell: fine fine.... Meet me in the park at 3pm and we'll talk.
Kirstin: WHERE in the park?
Mitchell: under the big tree.
Kirstin: fine.....

I quickly lay my phone away and finish breakfast. Just in time to be done when alex walks in in only a towel. I can't help but check him out and then walk over to him to peck his lips. "Looking good today" I say with a smile. "Trying my best for you" is his answer as he smiles back.

The rest of the morning was pretty boring. We are breakfast, dressed up and then just cuddled on the couch until Alex had to leave. I don't like that he still works at a prostitution center, but I just have to get over it cause it's not gonna change. And besides he promised to care for me this time and so I trust him.

After Alex leaves I quickly go back to the hotel room I was currently staying at and sit down on the bed. I start thinking. "What was Scott hiding?" "Why was he sad" "why did he do what he did?" I don't know.... I try to take my mind off it by starting to plan the date with Alex I promised to take him on tonight. I google fun things to do and make reservations for everything I need, but all the time my mind keeps going back to that picture Mitch sent me.

A couple of tears roll down at the thought but I quickly wipe them away, not wanting to cry right now. At 2:30 I get up and get ready to go to the park. I get in my car and drive there. As I get out I see Mitch isn't there yet. Good. I walk over to the big tree and sit down, staring at the picture again.

"Kirstie..." I hear a voice coming towards me. I look up to see Mitch walking up to me. "Why'd he do it Mitch?? Why did Scott cut himself??" I quickly blur out, feeling the tears start to roll down again.

"Kirstie.... He loves you."