14

The boys just turned 14. They're just like I was. They always want to be on their phones and never around us and we embarrass them to death. Newt has a tiny bit of Thomas' accent and it's adorable. Ty loves soccer. And he's team caption. Newt likes to read and study a lot. Actually he has one of his friends up-stairs now studying. They've reached the awkward stage but I let Thomas deal with that. Poor them.

I'm mad cause they're almost taller than me. It's just not fair. Ty is still at soccer practice and me and Thomas are just sitting on the couch watching the maze runner for the millionth time. I swear Thomas has hardly changed. It's like time has no effect on him.

Newt found out that we named him After the character. But he was fine with it. We told them the long story about my cancer and Tyson. We've even told them about Dylan. How he almost torn us apart.

The boys are always so happy and care free. We let them do what ever they want so they can have fun and be kids because our parents didn't let us. Thomas was filming and I was neglected. Thomas said he enjoyed filming but it wasn't a life of a normal kid. But then again our life isn't normal. Normal is boring. The boys always gag when me and Thomas kiss but we tease them that they'll be wanting to kiss girls soon too. Ty seems to be one of the populars. Newt seems to be one of the dorky preps known for their smarts and coolness. I used to be in that clique so I know but I wasn't cool and newt is shy.

Newts friend just came down the stairs.

"Bye mr and mrs sangster thanks for having me over" he said before he darted out the door. He must be late.

"NEWT. CAN YOU COME HERE PLEASE" Thomas yelled a minute later. His favorite part was coming up in the movie. We're Dylan gets punched. It's cruel but I think back at what he did to me and I lose my pity. Newt came down the stairs but he had put his hoodie back on.

"Newt it's warm outside.you must be burning up" I said. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets. It was almost summer.

"I'm good" he said quietly. What's wrong with him? He's usually loud and happy -at home at least.

"Uh what is it?" He asked politely.

"Oh your favorite part is coming up" Thomas said smiling at the screen.

"Oh well thanks but I don't wanna see. Can I go back to my room please?"

"Well why are you such a buggin hurry and take the shirt off. You'll get heat stroke" Thomas said.

"I-im okay" newt said stuttering.

"What's wrong newt?" I asked softly.

"Nothing" he said.

"Newt. We won't be mad. You can tell us anything" Thomas said.

"I don't wanna" newt said.

"Newt we respect you but as your parents we need to know things. Are you alright?" I said.

"I'm okay." He said darting his eyes around so he won't have to look at us.

"Newt. Tell us" I said softly.

"Please don't make me" he said and started whimpering. I stood up and hugged him tight while he cried.

"Newt. Calm down baby. I swear. We won't be mad" I said. Thomas came over and stood behind me.

"You swear?" Newt said.

"We swear" I said for the both of us. He pulled away from me and took of his hoddie then I saw it. A red spot on his neck. A hicky.

"You thought we'd be mad about that? Oh come on. Your of the age. It's okay" Thomas said putting his hand on newt's shoulder. Newt wiped his eyes of tears.