Chapter 4 {The chase}

Luke's Pov because why not?

Ever since I kissed Charlie, I can't get her out of my head. I shouldn't be feeling this way. I'm a punk. I have tattoos, piercings, smoking and drinking problems. But when I'm with Charlie or whenever we touch, she brings the soft side out of me, and I can't help it. I would change for her. I would cover my tattoos, take my piercings out, stop smoking and drinking. I would turn my life around, just to be with her. But she wants me to fight to get her. Which is utterly ridiculous. Yes I use "big" vocabulary words, I am be a punk but that doesn't mean I'm a dumb one. I know everything they teach me. I just don't pay attention. That's another thing I would change for Charlie. I would get good grades, just like year 6 (6th grade). That was the time before I changed. After my parents died in a car accident, I was forced to live with my verbally abusive aunt and uncle.
"Luke!" My aunt yells from downstairs.
"Yes?" I ask, knowing she's going to ask me to do something, or tell me to come downstairs to insult me.
"Come here now!" She hisses. I get out of my room and meet my aunt at the bottom of the stairs. "Go get me a drink you useless, unwanted delinquent!" She snaps. Normally says worse things. Maybe she's in a good mood. Ha yeah right I go to the kitchen and get her some water and walk it back to her.
"Here you go." I say placing it in her hand. "Is that all you need?"
"Yes, for now!" She snaps "get out of the house. I don't care where you go, but me and your uncle want alone time." She says smirking and winking at me. Knowing exactly what she meant I go upstairs and grab a jacket and my phone and head out the door. I have no where to go, like normal. I guess I'll just walk around the neighborhood.

Charlie's Pov

"Mom. I'm going for a walk around the neighborhood. I'll be back in a few hours!" I yell to my mom walking out the door. I wanted to explore my neighborhood a bit. I look down the street and see someone walking the streets too. As they get closer I see who it is, Luke.
"Charlie?" I hear my name being called. I turn around to face Luke who is standing next to me now.
"Hi Luke" I say nervous. Every time I see him I get nervous. I can't help it. "What are you doing walking around the neighborhood?" He asks.
"I uh wanted to explore the neighborhood. What about you?" I ask. Luke goes silent for a minute.
"Luke you don't have to tell me if you don't want." I say.
"My aunt kicked me out of the house. And I have no where to go for a bit." He says quietly.
"Luke I am so sorry. Would you like to join me on my walk?" I ask. A smile spreads on his face. "I'd love to. Thank you." He says to me as we start to walk a different direction.
"My pleasure." I say to him smiling back.
"I really like you Charlie. And I know you are probably scared I would hurt you because, look at me. But I want you to know I would change for you. I would cover my tattoos and take out my piercings. Just to be with you." Luke says stopping now and looking at me for an answer.
"Luke I would never want you to change anything about yourself. I love your tattoos and piercings. It's apart of who you are. And that's all I care about. I love all of you." Did I just say love? I didn't want to tell him I loved him yet. Oh god, I'm such an idiot. Now I know he won't want me.
"L-love?" Luke asks shocked
"Yeah love. I'm sorry I know you don't love me so you don't ha-" I was cut off by a pair of lips on mine. His kisses were always so soft and warm. Nothing that I have ever felt before.
"Charlie?" He asks as he breaks apart.
"Yeah?" I say scared.
"I love you too." Escapes from his mouth. I can't help but smile. He loves me back. And I know that we only met each other a week ago, but I have never felt this way before. Me and Luke start walking again but this time, hand in hand. This is what happiness feels like. But there is only one problem: my parents would kill me if I brought him home. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge. They might like him. Hopefully. For right now I don't want to think about it. All I want to think about is being here with Luke.
"Charlie. Stay here. I'll be right back." Luke says in a mad voice.
"O-okay. Luke?"
"Yeah?" He says turning back around to face me.
"Be safe. I love you." I say to him and he no longer has a mad expression on his face.
"I will. And I love you too." He says walking off. Where is he going? I see him going up to a car that I've seen everywhere. Maybe it was following us.
"Leave us the hell alone! Stop following us! I don't want to be with you anymore! You f*cking slut." He starts to yell to Madison.
"You didn't say that earlier today!"  Madison yells back. Loud enough for me to hear. And with that I was gone. I don't  want to be here. I don't want to make a fool out of myself. Clearly you already did Charlie! God why did you ever have to tell him you loved him! He probably doesn't love you back. He probably was lying.
"Charlie! Charlie! Please stop! Let me explain!" Luke says running after me now. I just ran faster. Good thing I was in track.
"Luke it's fine. I didnt expect you to love me back anyways. So why don't you go be with her. Because you clearly were earlier!" I say the last part kinda loud and a bit mean. Tears pooling In my eyes, I have to stop running so I don't fall. Luke already beside me, sees me crying and starts to cry too.
"She didn't mean anything to me." He say softly, holding back tears.
"You don't have to lie anymore. I get it. You don't love me, you love Madison. I was just a rebound." I say starting to walk off.
"Charlie please." Luke whispers 
"Luke I said it's fine. Get back with her and be happy." Happy, something that I won't be for a while.
"I'll be happy if I'm with you." Luke says. I stop and look at him.
"Luke stop lying to me! You and her have chemistry together. Be with her! Look at her! She's everything you ever wanted. And me? I'm everything you never want to have. And that's the thing I will never be good enough for you. You were worried about you not being good enough for me? You're everything I need." I start. I cry even harder.
"Charlie" He says with tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I have to go. Have a good life with Madison." I say walking into my house. I look outside the window and see the car pull up, and Luke getting in it. Unbelievable.