Chapter I | Son of the Right Hand

Eldaland: 1697 A.D.

The emperor of Broomhill sat down in his throne. He was telling what was said by The Seer to the scribes to write a prophecy on tablets of stone. He was a very old and wise man.

"A young mistress wilt reign in power. The lady wilt terrorize a realm, Misthaven. The lady is nothing of valorous, but all evil. A magical tribe from hither wilt avenge that lady. The lady wilt cower ere us. That lady name is not known. The lady wilt beest born of Persephone and a prince," the emperor said.

The scribes carved the prophecy into the tablets. "Beest gone Seer." The emperor commanded. The Seer was taken away by the guards.

*

The Duke of Broomhill also known as Adam of Broomhill had walked in. "Emperor."

"Valorous morning, Duke."

"I has't gotten word of the prophecy."

"Aye. Gather the creatures needed for the tribe."

"What art those gents mine lord?"

"Beasts. Heartless beasts. Those gents shalt killeth the offspring of Persephone and a prince."

"Where art those gents mine lord?"

"In the Forest of Certain Death. Take thy mighty sword and came thee as strong hearted and brave." The emperor said and tossed him the Sword of Heroes. "Thou sword is for only a true hero. Come back with the beasts. I has't fine men to train those folk. I knoweth thee can doth this."

"Yes my lord. I shall gladly take thy sword and promise to bringeth back the beasts."

"Raise thee right hand, Duke."

He raised his right hand. "Now take thy sword with mightiest hand."

He took the Sword of Heroes in his right hand. "Now wend." The Duke left the castle.

"My lord he is just a Duke, what can that gent doth?"

"That gent is brave. Unlike the Knights."

...

Broomhill (Town in Eldaland): April 21, 1980

He was born of Jonathan and Mary Ainsworth. "His name shall be...Benjamin." Mary said. She felt off. She had just had a baby, but she has had one before and she didn't feel her heart racing this fast when she had Jonathan Jr.

"I love that name Mary. I have another little boy." John said. He held his new son close by as Mary seemed to be breathing funny.

"Mary? My love what is wrong?"

Mary had sweat all over her and her heart rate was through the roof, her breathing was labored. Then she slumped. Blood poured out of where the baby and out.

"Mary?!" John shouted.

She was dead. The love of his life, the mother of his children was dead.

"Mary! No, please!!" The man cried over his wife's body, still holding onto little Benjamin. The baby wailed, not knowing what was going on.

...

Broomhill: March 15, 2012

The tribe assembled by the Duke of Broomhill was still alive. The odd creatures were to live for hundreds of years, hundreds. They were very young during their training during imperial times. Now they were old and wise, much like the emperor before he died. They were still ruthless and heartless killers, that feasted upon the flesh of so-called evil-doers.