Chapter XXIV | Captain Benjamin Ainsworth

The Forest: Storybrooke

   Tie and his tribe were in the forest, waiting for Pharaoh and his army to arrive from a portal.  Tie had burned "WAR" into the pavement of all the streets.  He knew someone would see it and freak out, causing wide-spread panic and paranoia.  He also knew that the king wouldn't stop for anything and would destroy the evil presence in the town: 

   Tie smiled devilishly as he saw a massive yellow portal swirl around and bring about intense winds.  The first to appear was the king and then his court, then his soldiers.  "King Pharaoh, welcome.  This is Storybrooke and not the Land Without Magic--trust me this place has magic."

   "We will still kill who we need to kill," he concluded and shook Tie's hand.   "Now if you excuse me, I want to terrorize the town a bit.  You know--get their nerves jumpin'," he said with a
grin. 

~•~

   Pharaoh told his Court of Justice to hold back, but sent his soldiers out into the town.  Drugged by pharaoher, they knew no better than to barging into homes and scaring the hell out of civilians.  They kicked down doors and knocked lamps over, breaking windows and threatening families.  After the soldiers left, the police department was flooded with calls about crazed-invaders. 

   The diner was already aware of a war of sorts.  Now they knew it was true and it was happening.  The people weren't aware of the prophecy though, they didn't know why they were being attacked.  Benjamin hoped that they wouldn't immediately blame Regina.  She was in her office with Ben, arguing over how to handle the situation. 

   "We can't just kill those soldiers, Regina!  They're innocent and they are brainwashed!" Ben shouted.

   "I know, it's sad.  But we have to think of our people, they're innocent too.  I'm the mayor and I'm going to protect my town.  If it takes war to get rid of these monsters then so be it," she said back.

   "So we're at war?"

   "We have to," she explained and grabbed his hands.  "But we'll get through this.  We should hold a town meeting to discuss our plans," she offered.

   "I think we should too.  And if we're at war, we should be given titles," he said with a corny smile.

   She rolled her eyes and let go of his hands.  "Okay Captain Ainsworth.  I could be Sergeant Mills and Emma could be Lieutenant Swan," she teased back.

   "Sounds great Sergeant," he said with a smile before leaning to kiss her.

   "But you know I will die for you," he reminded her as they walked out of the office. 

   "You better not Captain."

...

The Meeting

   "Hello, people of Storybrooke.  I know you may be frightened by the attacks upon our town, but do not fear.  Benjamin and I have decided to go to war with our enemy.  There is something you don't know--why are we being attacked.  The reason Ben is here is because of a prophecy...actually Ben why don't you say why?" Regina offered, stepping away from the podium.

  "H-hello?  Um...there is a lot of you here and that's great, but the reason we are being attacked is because...because of a ruthless king.  King Pharaoh and his army are here and have seemed to have teamed up with Tiepyrsseus and his tribe.  Many years ago a prophecy was told by an emperor.  It said that an evil sorceress from Misthaven shall cower under a magical tribe.  Regina is the one they want.  But in my eyes, she is not evil, but misunderstood.  I didn't see the Evil Queen you saw, but...she has had much loss in her life, like I," he said and the room was silent,