Chapter VI | Paying a Visit

A Few Days Later...

Regina woke up and groaned, stretching her arms.  She walked down the hallway and saw Ben with a bag.  Her brows furrowed and she crossed her arms. 

   "What are you doing?" She asked.

   "Uh...these are magic beans," Ben explained. 

   "For portals?" She asked, walking closer. 

   "Yes.  They're plentiful in Eldaland," he said.  "We need to go there actually.  We need to Sword of Truth."

~•~

The Loft

   "What's the Sword of Truth?" Snow asked, gripping David's hand. 

   "There's many legends about it.  The most popular one is that my ancestor the Duke of Broomhill--Adam was the one that stuck it in the stone and after awhile he got stuck in it.  No one knows anything else about that."

   "So like Excalibur?" Emma asked, instantly intrigued.  "When I was little I snuck unit the movies and watched the Sword in the Stone.  I had also tried to take some candy from someone.  Then an usher caught me and told me not to mess with the sword in the stone."

   "Okay that story just revealed your beginnings as a thief to your parents and that story is irrelevant," Regina retorted and flipped her hair. 

   Emma rolled her eyes and Ben suppressed a laugh.  "Similar to Excalibur, but little is known about it besides where it lies. Which is King Pharaoh's castle," Ben said.

"King Pharaoh? Who the hell is that?" Regina asked.

Ben sighed and clenched his teeth. "He's one of the most vile men to ever live. His son Prince Florence died and every body suspected him [Pharaoh], but of course accusing him of such a crime would lead to certain death."

"He sounds real chipper," Emma said, taking sip of hot cocoa.

   "Yes...well we need to get going and oh--plant these," Ben said and handed the Charmings some of the beans.  "They're for opening portals, so don't drop them until needed."

The Charmings nodded. "Be safe you two," Snow said.

...

Regina teleported herself and Ben to the school to say goodbye to Henry. It was lunch time for them, so it was the perfect opportunity.

They walked over to the boy who sat next to Grace Hatter and Ava Zimmer. "Henry can we speak with you a moment. Hi," Regina said, waving to the girls who awkwardly waved back.

Henry got up from his seat and walked over to his mother and Ben. "What's wrong?"

"Ben and I need to travel back to his land to retrieve something. So I just wanted to say goodbye," Regina said with tears in her eyes. 

   She pulled her son into a hug which he returned making Regina smile.  "I love you Henry."

   "I love you too mom."