Chapter XIV | Memories

July

It had been a month since Regina nearly died at the hands of her sister and Ben wouldn't take his eyes off of her. If she went to the store he went to the store. He felt like a stalker but he wanted to make sure she never got hurt again. Regina had to explain to him that's she be alright but he didn't buy it. Not with the tribe and the witch out there.

It was now July 4 and since Storybrooke is in America they still celebrate because the town had done so for 29 years. Plus shooting off fireworks and having barbecues were fun. Ben didn't understand the idea behind it. Regina simply said that it was America's birthday. Even though she preferred to be healthy she did like hamburgers and hotdogs so she made them for the boys.

"This tastes amazing Regina," Ben complimented.

"Oh it's just a burger nothing fancy. But thank you," she said with a smile.

"A good burger though."

She couldn't help but smile again as Henry are his hotdog without a care in the world. Ben looked more often at Regina then at his own food. She even looks cute when she's eating. "You know Ben I never I asked you. When's your birthday?" Regina asked taking a sip of her sweet tea.

   "April 21st," he said simply.

   "Mine's February 1st."

   He smiled at her and then continued eating in an attempt to stop looking at her.  On the other hand, Regina kept sneaking looks at Ben's arm muscles.  She wanted his run her fingers through his hair and trail her hands down his chest which she assumed was just as carved as his arms.  That's what she wanted to do but she knew from past experiences that she would loose him eventually. 

   She would loose him just because.  And she wants about to let that happen.  So she had to just keep fantasizing about him.  Ben was by far the most attractive man she's ever met.  And they had a lot in common. 

~•~

   "Ben I have to go into work.  Do not follow me, okay?  I'll be fine," Regina explained.

   "Regina-"

   "Ben I'm serious.  There's something at town hall I have to take care of."

   He took a few steps closer.  "How long will it be?"

   "Ben, I don't know!  Stop worrying please and before you ask--yes I took my anxiety pills."

  "Good," he whispered.  "Call me if something happens.  I'll find a way there," he promised and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

   She smiled at him before leaving the house.  Ben had muster all of his teeth not open that front door and rush out, hugging her tightly.  "Ben?"

   "Y-yes Henry?"

   "Do you love my mom?" He asked.

   "It's-it's...look ever since she's gotten hurt I grow more worried for her so I care for her yes," he answered.

   "But do you love her?"