Chapter Twenty

Okay before I start this story, thanks guys for all your ideas! That's me being sarcastic. But it's alright, I got a pretty good imagination, I'll think of ideas myself. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! Byee!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So you barged in just to tell us this?" I ask.

"Yes! If the people see your good with them, they'll want you to be their queen." She says.

"Okay...we'll get ready then.." I say awkwardly.

She leaves the room and get up and go to my closet, looking for a nice dress. I decide to wear this white and gold-ish dress.
***
I arrive at the ball and see Francis's mother. I walk up to her and ask "Why are they even having a ball?"

"It's more like a welcoming party for the new arrivals." She says.

"So it's a party for us?" I ask.

"Not just us, there are other new arrivals." She says.

I shuffle awkwardly and look around. I notice a strange man. I don't know what it is about him, he just seems...off.

"Who's that?" I ask pointing to him.

"I don't know...I've never seen him before." She says.

"Does he seem...weird?" I ask.

"No. He's just standing there." She points out.

"We'll look at his posture, it's not proper, so he's definitely not a royal. And the way he looks. Greasy hair, black leather coat, and a scar over his eye." I say.

"Well I don't know what you want me to say Mary. He looks normal to me, probably just a huntsman or something." She says.

"I hope you're right." I say.

"Am I ever wrong?" She asks.

"No..no you're not." I say giving her a slight smile before walking away.

I head towards the doors to go to my chambers, but Francis stops me.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"My chambers..I'm not feeling to well." I say.

"Do you want me to come?" He asks.

"No, it's fine. Stay here and make a good impression." I say smiling.

"As you wish my lady." He says giving me a kiss on the forehead and then walking away.

I head out the doors and down the hall. I hear someone walking behind me, and I turn to see its the guy I had a strange feeling about. Is he following me? I enter my chambers and hear a knock a few minutes after.

"Wh-who is it?" I ask stuttering.

"Open the door my lady, and find out who." A deep raspy voice says.

I hesitate for a second, but then open the door. Standing is the strange guy with a knife in his hand. I try to quickly close the door but he pushes it open and I fall to the ground.

As he slowly walks towards me, a crawl back trying to find safety.

"I'm sorry I have to do this my lady, but I have no choice." He says before grabbing me by the arm and pulling me up.

He stabs me in the stomach and a groan in pain, tears clouding my vision. He lets go and I fall to the ground and hear his footsteps disappear down the hall. No one is around, everyone is at the ball, and I know if I don't get up and make my way there, I'll bleed to death.

So I slowly pull myself up, groaning in pain, and holding my bloody stomach. I make my way down the hall, stopping every so often. I make it to the doors of the ball, and just before I push them open my vision starts to blur and I fall to the ground. I can't let myself die now, I'm so close.

I force myself up and push the door open, everyone stopping and staring at me once I enter. I see Francis and a couple other people running towards me before my vision completely blurs and I feel myself fall to the ground..and then nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short and I took so long to write it. I'm literally at the doctors right now waiting, and I suddenly came up with this idea.

I'll try to post the next chapter soon, a lot sooner than the time I took to post this one. But thanks for reading!

And a special thanks to all the votes I've been getting lately, and all the people added my story to their reading list. That means so much so thank you all so much and just thank you to all of you who continue to read it. I love you guys!!