Chapter Twenty-One

4 days later:

I woke up the day after it happened. They told me they had good news, bad news, and even more bad news. But they wouldn't tell me it, they said I needed a few days to rest and then they'll put all the weight of the news on me.

And I guess today is that day as for Francis and the queen said they need to talk to me.

"We'll start with the good news. The guy who tried killing you was caught last night and held for questioning, after they got all they could out of him he was killed." She says.

"Okay..what's the bad news?" I ask.

"He was hired to kill you, which means someone wants you dead. There will be more people after you, your not safe, especially in an environment you don't know with a bunch of people you don't know. You're being sent home Mary, it's just not safe for you here." She says.

"Oh...okay..is there anymore bad news?" I ask.

"Yes...Mary..the baby didn't make it." She says.

I stare at her shocked. I don't know what to say, or do. I have so many thoughts running through my head and I'm feeling so many emotions right now.

"W-what?!" I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Mary. Francis told us about the baby, they tried to save it but they couldn't." She says.

"I want to be left alone." I say, my cheeks soaked from tears.

"I don't think that's a good idea right now." Francis says.

"Just leave me alone!...please." I say.

"..okay..I'll check up on you in a bit." Francis says.

"And you're leaving for home tonight. Make sure your ready and cleaned up, you're still going to be the queen, you need to always look your best for your people..even in your darkest times." She says.

"I'll be ready." I say.

She nods and they leave. I curl up under the covers and close my eyes, hoping to fall asleep and be able to forget about all this for a bit. But there's to much on my mind, and it makes it impossible to sleep. But after about an hour of trying, I finally do.
***
"Mary, wake up." I hear someone say as they gently shake me.

I open my eyes and see Francis sitting beside me.

"I'm awake." I say.

"I know you're probably in pain right now and you just want to rest, but you're leaving in an hour. You need to get ready." He says.

"Oh...okay. I'll get ready." I say.

With that Francis let's people in and they start packing my bags, they run the water in the bath, and they set up all the makeup and hair brushes. Francis leaves and I undress and go in the bath.
***
An hour later and it's time for me to leave. With all truthfulness, I'm happy I'm going home. With people I know, in my own room, and in a place where I don't feel so out of place. But I will miss Francis, as he wont be coming back for another 2 months.

I step into the carriage and close the door. It starts moving and once I realize I'm completely alone at the moment, I can't stop the single tear that rolls down my cheek. My baby is dead. I never knew the baby, but from that small amount of time I knew it was there, growing in my belly, I grew attached to it. After all it would have been my child, and I would of loved it with all my heart. I already did love the unborn baby..but now it's gone. Dead. Just like that..like it was never there.
~~~~~~~
Okay so sorry this chapter is really short and boring. I just kinda wanted to let you guys know what was happening, like with the baby and the guy who tried killing her and stuff.

I promise the next chapter will be a lot longer and better. Trust me..trust. Shit is gonna go down next chapter.

Anyway..thanks for reading!!

Also PLEASE READ THIS NEXT PART IM ABOUT TO PUT!!!

Okay so I was thinking of maybe changing the story around to make it more of like a Game Of Thrones kind of thing..maybe not like Game Of Thrones but with like the dragons and mother of dragons and savages and war and stuff.

So if you guys could please let me know what you think about that idea, that would be great! Thanks!!