4. Tactical Twitter-ing

~Harry~

I was acutely aware of a very annoying buzzing sound coming from my bedside table, which must've been what woke me up. I opened my eyes, squinting and blinking quickly to try and adjust to the light. When I looked to my phone — which was indeed the source of the vibrating — I read that it was nine-twenty-eight AM and Liam was calling me.

"Hello?" I mumbled, pressing the phone to my ear and rubbing my hand over my face sleepily as I sat up in my bed. I had that horrible, croaky morning voice that was for some reason a lot deeper than my usual voice, which I'm told is very deep as it is.

"Mate, have you been on Twitter recently?" he asked, sounding much too excited for this time of the morning.

"No, Liam, I just woke up. Why?" I flopped back down onto the bed, making myself comfortable again. Was he really ringing me to tell me about some Twitter rubbish? I thought it would be important if he was trying to reach me at this time.

"There's a hashtag about that girl from the bar that the fans have started!"

I was suddenly very awake, jolting back up into my sitting position again. "What?"

"Yeah, it's been trending for over 24 hours now — you have to have a look it's mental!"

"Fück," I muttered under my breath, "Okay, I'll look. Talk to you later."

I quickly hung up the phone and pressed on the Twitter app. I wasn't sure how I felt about this. It was a good thing that this might lead me to Emily, but the fact the fans were getting involved and possibly talking smack about her wasn't good at all. I wonder if she's seen the trend?

Sure enough, when the Twitter homepage opened on my screen the hashtag #FindHarrysGirlAlmighty was trending number one worldwide. Clever trend, I'll give them that. As lame as it sounds to compare someone to one of our songs, she just was just that.

I dared to look through the tweets, scrolling down the feed for what must've been hours. I decided to have some fun and a follow a few people that'd tweeted the hashtag, just to see if they put two and two together. Of course they did — it was only minutes before everyone was going insane over the fact they'd figured out I was browsing the tweets, and suddenly the nature of the feed went from FBI investigation to spam.

I continued looking down some of the older and top tweets, and I felt my stomach lurch a bit at one particular one.

"@.....: #FindHarrysGirlAlmighty this is the first thing that comes up when u type 'emily london' into google hmmm ...."

Attached was a screenshot of a Google search, and the top result was information about a business company called Elsworth Enterprise based in London, owned by an Emily Elsworth. The tweet had thousands of retweets and favourites, and was spreading like wildfire. I was starting to sweat, and whether it was from excitement or nerves I didn't know, but I felt odd.

I headed to Safari on my phone and decided to do a bit of Googling myself. I typed in 'Emily Elsworth London' and the same thing that fan had found came up, but it was just information — nothing that could give me any further clues as to whether or not it was her. The second result, however, was a twitter account. The username was @elsworth_e92, and when I clicked the link my heart started to pump heavily in my chest before I'd even opened the picture they had for their icon. When I finally did, I felt my heart go into overdrive — it was definitely her.

The photo was a holiday snap of her and what I assumed was her friend, they were both wearing swimsuits with some loose see through things over the top that you see girls wearing on the beach. I double tapped the picture to zoom in on her face, just to be sure I wasn't imagining it, but I would recognise that pretty face anywhere — it was her alright. I've no idea how the fans hadn't found this, but I was glad I had.