10. Mummy's Boy

~Harry~

I seemed to be waking up later and later, probably due to jet lag. I'd been in so many different time zones in the past few months that my body was totally confused, and if I had the chance to sleep for twelve hours then I would without any problem. Don't get me wrong, I love a good lie-in, but I hated waking up so late that it feels like half the day has been wasted.

I checked my phone once my eyes were finally staying open, and saw I had two texts.

From: Mum: Five years ago today I was taking you to your audition!!! Haven't you come far, so proud xxx

I smiled to myself as I read her message. She had always been my number one supporter, and I owed her everything. I loved that I had such a good relationship with my mum, not a lot of guys my age do nowadays. I was most definitely a mummy's boy. No shame.

As if it'd been a whole five years since X Factor. That almost made my stomach churn.

After typing out a nice reply to my mum, I went onto Twitter and had a browse. There was obviously a lot of stuff about the anniversary of my audition on my timeline; pictures, videos, messages, all warming my heart immensely. Sometimes things are really put into perspective and you just stop and think... Wow.

Compose tweet: @Harry_Styles: It's been five years. Thank you for all your support so far. Isn't it lovely. H

I couldn't help but grin to myself, that was clever for me. I can't wait to see the fans call me out on that one.

As I'm lurking on my newsfeed I come across a few pictures of Louis partying in Libertine the night before. I have to admit, I'm glad I don't really go clubbing so I rarely get photographed drunk, because in these snaps he looks absolutely wrecked, and it's not the most flattering way to be caught by the paps. No girls appear to be clinging to him though, so it's likely he'll be complaining to me and the others about having not pulled the next time we speak to him. Ever since his split from Eleanor that's all he seems to care about aside from the band.

Suddenly I remembered I had more than one text when I woke up but I only read the one from my mum, so I tap back onto my messages to find an unopened text from my dear friend Kelly Osbourne.

Hi Harry!! I'm back in london for a few weeks, do you fancy meeting up? with Grimmy maybe? would be good to get the gang back together ;) Let me know xox

I don't think I'd seen Kelly since my birthday back in February, so I was pleased to see she was around and fancied getting together. She spent most of her time in LA, so it was rare I got to see her, which was a shame because we got on great.

I replied, Hi Kelly. Long time no see. Of course, I'd love to. Does Grimmy have to come along? I'd much prefer to leave him behind. The band have a few months off so I'm free for a bit, when were you thinking? Love .xx

She would know I was joking about leaving Nick behind, it was kind of a running joke because he always takes the píss out of me when the three of us get together. I don't know why I always ended up being the target, he says I'm just easy to annoy.

I'm just laying there thinking when a new text message lights up the screen of my phone. I remember to put it on loud before swiping the screen and bringing up what I see is her imminent reply.

Lol!! Are you doing anything today? Xox

Nope. Don't really feel like going out though, I type. I'd been out in London for the past week or so and I couldn't really be bothered for it all today. The two of you can pop round for a catch up if you like though?