Deal?

A few weeks back at a restaurant in Tokyo...

Kasamatsu and (L/n) were at a small restaurant at their district. A place the boy chose to speak with her in private. The librarian looked like he wanted to ban him during the time he was there. So he asked her to meet her somewhere else.

A warm teapot was placed in front of them before they started a more serious conversation­– the boy decided to engage in a moment of small talk first for he really needed to learn how to approach people of the opposite gender.

"Before I leave, I want to know my team is in good hands. So, I need you to watch over him for us."

"Why? I can't stand being around that idiot."

"That's not what Akashi-san said."

"A-Aka-chan? He talked to you?!"

"Yeah. He said he's concerned about Kise's well-being and wants me to ask you, specifically, to take care of him and to tell you to stop ignoring him."

"Damn. That stupid blondie must've told them something," she muttered under her breath.

"We need a manager, so I thought that you'd be perfect for that spot," he said to cut through her train of thought.

"Ugh. I have so much better things to do! I can't babysit him!"

"If you do, you'd finally have a co-curricular activity other than the council. Your teachers have been bugging you a while about that, right?" he asked as he sipped on his tea.

"...You're creepy. How did you even know that?"

"Akashi-san told me."

"Aka-chan's seriously creepy," she whispered.

"I didn't bother asking how he knew. Kise told me he just knows a lot."

"He's really creepy," she mouths.

He smiled a little at her.

"My offer is that we could work on a buddy system."

"Interesting. Is this the deal you're talking about?"

"Precisely."

"What are our terms then?"

"If you take care of the idiot and become our manager, you'd have that club that could help you with your grades. I could also guarantee you that I can protect you from your admirers...er... your fan club."

"I have a fan club?!"

"You do. Didn't you know?"

"...Those guys are weird, I swear, senpai."

"Well, you have 'fans' too. It's all that I'm saying."

They both took a sip of tea.

"I would consider this, then. Thank you for treating me today."

(L/n) gently put the cup down, stood up, bowed, and turned to leave.

"Wait."

He slammed his money on the table before chasing her.

"Will you really think about it?"

"I don't get why I should do this, though. That boy's doing fine and dandy without me."

"...Did you break up with him or something?"