A Glimpse

He opened his eyes and immediately felt his world crashing down on him. He felt like as if his breath was taken away from him. His heart was racing so fast he could hear the beating in his ears. Kise looked around him and found that he wasn't anywhere familiar to him, fear evident in his eyes.

"A-are you alright?" the woman beside him asked. 

He took in her features, memories of the night before coming back to him. She reached for his arm, but he pulled away. A feeling of disgust washed over him.

"I'm sorry but I have to go," he said. 

Kise immediately grabbed his clothes and left the room. 

She glared at the door after he closed it.

"How rude," she mumbles.

"Why can't you just let me forget about you?" he yelled out as he kicked cans on the street. 

Kise tugged at his hair in frustration. 

It has been five years since she left. It has also been five years since she last said a word to him. It annoyed him to no end that there were numerous ways one could find a way to communicate with someone, yet he hasn't figured out where she is and how she could be contacted. 

"You wouldn't let me talk to you. No one else would tell me where you are. And every fucking time I try to forget about you and look for someone else, you just find some way to remind me that you exist!" 

"Ki-chan, why are you talking to yourself?" 

"I am not talking to myself–" 

Kise turned around and found a very familiar woman with pink hair and eyes. 

"M-Momocchi! I didn't see you there!" 

Momoi flashed an expression mixing pity and worry. 

"W-why are you looking at me like that?" 

"Ki-chan, you looked like someone who's about to go insane. It's kind of sad..." 

Kise rubbed his cheek in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry about that." 

"Let's get you a drink." 

After spending lunch with Momoi, pouring his heart out to the poor listener, he went on with his day like as if nothing happened. 

 He went to class, then he went to a photoshoot his manager arranged. As soon as it was over, he took out his disguise– composed of a hat and shades– before leaving the premises. He went out to the district to buy himself some food and take a walk in the park. He wasn't staying with his sisters anymore, so he could stay out as long as he wanted. That's what was fun about being a college student.

It was Friday. He thought it would be better to spend the remaining moments of his day somewhere more serene than a club downtown. 

Then he remembered why he got stuck with the lady he was with earlier that day. Aomine had invited the gang– without Akashi, because he wasn't available at the moment– to a club. Kise remembered how things became hot and heavy really quick there. 

Events like that wouldn't bother him as much if it weren't for her. That dream served as a reminder to him of why she was so mad at him before. He knew it shouldn't be a big deal. 

She wasn't there anymore.

He walked into his favorite café and  headed straight for the counter. 

"Good day, sir! What would you like to order?" 

Kise scanned the menu and the delicacies displayed beside the counter.

"You should try the red velvet cake. Oh, and that's good with a strawberry shake!" 

He took a peek at the person who spoke to him.

Her sparkly eyes shone behind her glasses as she looked at the food near them. It was very obvious how much she wanted to get her hands on a piece or two of the treats. 

"I'll get that then." 

The cashier smiled. 

"One slice of red velvet cake and a strawberry shake." 

"I think you'll like that one, sir!" she said sweetly. 

"Here's your order, ma'am," a barista said as he handed out a paper bag. 

She walked right over to the claiming area right beside the cashier. That's when Kise saw her. (H/c) colored hair. (E/c) colored eyes. The curves of her face. The presence. Her scent. Her. It's her.