Latch

A/n: Like I promised, often. By often, maybe everyday. Hihi. <3

----

After hours of watching other people, Kise began to get tired. 

He hated how most of these people were snooty. He hated how they gave looks at his friends who were having fun. Well, maybe having shot games at a formal party was not the best idea at the moment, but at least they weren't being...boring. 

He ran his fingers through his golden locks as he continued to observe his surroundings– he didn't really feel like taking shot after shot of vodka. Kagami and Aomine just got knocked out from all the drinks they took. Momoi was freaking out. Midorima was doing nothing about their current predicament. Murasakibara was far away from them, eating out of half the buffet table. Akashi was talking to guests on the other side of the room. (L/n) was...was...she wasn't there. 

He knew that was his one chance to get to her that night. So he brushed off his suit, stood up from the mini bar, and went out to look for her. 

She hurried out of the ballroom, unable to take much more of the exposure she was getting. She ran down the hallway, and when she thought she got far enough, she leaned on a wall to support herself. (L/n)'s breathing was heavy. Her head began to ache. She closed her eyes for what felt like hours. She thought the ground was about to swallow her by the way her tiredness pulled her down. 

"(F/n)?" 

Her eyes shot open and she looked at the person who spoke her name. 

Kise smiled. 

He took in her features as he walked towards her. Her (h/c) waves, those (e/c) orbs, those lips he craved for, the curves, the skin he wished to touch so badly. Her. Just her in general. 

'Oh god, she's so beautiful,' he thought. 

(L/n) knew that face. She knew those eyes, that hair, those cheeks, those edges. She knew him. She felt like she knew him so well and if she just moved closer...just a little closer... she'd remember when, where, and how. So she left her spot and opted to lessen the space between them.

Slowly...

"Is there by any chance, that we met before?" she asks, a brow raised in curiosity. 

"Why are you asking, (L/n)cchi ?" he retorts playfully. 

"You just remind me of something, I can't exactly remember who or what it is..." she trails off. 

Five steps. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I...I lost my memory when I fell down trying to run away a month after we stayed at Korea." 

 She traced her fingers from her cheek down to her lips. She bit her lip, as if trying to stop herself from saying something. 

Four steps. 

"Why were you running away?" 

"I didn't want to be there. I didn't want to be what my parents want me to be. I didn't want anyone to decide who I can or cannot be..." 

He frowned. 

"I wish I was there to help you." 

Three steps. 

She looked into his eyes; desperation, understanding, and love reflected out of them. 

"What do you know about me?" 

"I know you, (F/n)." 

Two steps. 

"How?" 

"Just give me the chance to make you remember me, please?" 

One step. 

Kise cupped her cheek and carefully placed his other hand on her waist. (L/n) touched his hand and put her hand on his shoulder. They both leaned in and from there, they just let their bodies takeover. 

They kissed. 

It was gentle. 

It was passionate.

And it felt so right

He slipped his hand down her arm and wrapped his arms around her. She snaked hers around his neck and caressed his hair. He groaned. 

Everything crashed down for her; she felt like she was about to explode. 

He pecked on her lips and looked at her. The person he ached so much to be with was right in front of him. Oh how he'd like to thank every god in existence because he was able to hold her like this after so long. 

"Ryo-kun," she moaned. 

She rubbed circles on his cheeks and tilted her head. A small smile was on her breathless face.  

His eyes widened. 

"You're my Ryo-kun," she said. 

Instead of saying anything, he just delved in for another kiss. 

They just knew.