Secrets

MYSTIC FALLS

1991

quot;Daddy!" The little girl cried out squirming from her fathers grasp. "Elena are you that ticklish?" Her father laughed out and kissed her forehead.

"Finish your vegetables you two, i worked hard on this diner!" Miranda exclaimed at them, eliciting a groan from seven year old Elena Gilbert and her father, Grayson.

"Daddy when can damon come over with steffie?" Elena asked taking a bite of the food her mother prepared. Grayson Furrowed his brows.

"Well Elena, we'd need Giustapes approval first and his wife." Elena sighed and climbed out of her fathers lap.

"I want to go ask if he will play in the woods with me! He promised he would like last time, but steffie said he was afraid of cooties." Elena made a disgusted face as she skipped to the kitchen and scraped her plate.

"Elena sweetie, Ill tell you right when Damon and Stefan can come and play with you alright? Come on lets go get you ready for bed," miranda said taking her daughters hand and leading her up the stairs. Grayson rubbed the temples of his head and sighed. "So dad. Youre really not going to tell her about damon?" Jeremy said walking downstairs.

As a twelve year old, jeremy was very mature already. Hoping not to cause any confusion, Grayson shook his head and stood. 

"If elena knew what happened, she wouldnt be the same Jeremy," he said placing a firm hand on his sons shoulder. "You need to promise me you wont tell her."

Jeremy looked up into his fathers eyes and nodded. "I promise dad."

• Later That Night •

"Lena," Elena heard a voice say knocking on her window. Elena perched up from her bed and looked over at the balcony. Matt Donavon.

"Yes Matty?" Elena said while yawning. She stretched and got up from her bed to the screen door, unlocking and opening it for matt.

"Did ya hear what happened to Prince Damon?" He asked eagerly.

Elena furrowed her brows and looks up at him. "Prince Damon has only been gone short time, i dont assume anything has happened. But he did miss our play date today!" Elena exclaimed and reached for her teddy bear.

Matt was only one year older than her, therefore he had the upper hand on there imaginary kingdom. " 'Lena.." Matt sighed and sat on the bed then patted the space beside him. Elena sat down in silence, confused on why he wasnt acting in a strange matter.

"Prince Damon has been in an accident. Along with king Giusteppe and Prince Stefan." Matt said warily looking her direction.

"Impossible," elena said in a hushed voice.

Just then there was a knock on the door and Jeremy walked through. "You guys cant start a meeting without me!" Jeremy said running over to them as quietly as he could in order not to wake Miranda and Grayson.

Elena sniffled and held back tears as she stood up, throwing her doll to the floor. "Wheres prince damon?! I need to see him immediately!" She exclaimed. "He cant play make-believe accidents! We said it was against the rules!" Elena cried out and looked at them. "He missed our play date." She whispered softer.

Jeremy immediately stiffened and looked at matt who was already looking at him. " 'Lena... We aren't kidding this time."