Trials

"Alright Elena, since we have Damon.. And since he came to you, we're going to ask that someone else question him," Elijah said and took the file away she had been holding.

"But this is my case! You said i could handle it!" Elena complained and reached for the file.

"Elena.. You knew Damon. This won't be an easy ride. So we're going to demand someone else to question him," Elijah said locking the file away.

"Oh yeah and who's that?!" Elena stressed the subject further on.

Elijah sighed and turned to her. "We're going to ask that April Young would do so."

Elena nearly threw a fit at that. April and her had been fighting for the best position and now she was taking Elena's case. Bullshit.

"You cant be serious," Elena frowned and walked out of the office.

As she was walking she could hear things crashing where the jail cells were below and immediately rushed down.

Sure, it wasn't her job but it was always good to be helpful wasn't it?

"Hello?" Elena said shakily, getting more and more nervous as she walked further down the path.

Jail cells to the left and right of her, all the people within giving her spiteful and nasty glares sending her to look forward.

"Hey princess care to join us?"

"You look mighty fine tonight might we say!"

"Come on in.. We wont bite"

Those were only some of the comments Elena heard as she began running to the sound. She had to find a way out without going back. Thats when she heard it.

"Well what do you expect me to do?!" One voice said.

"I dont know, use the charm you claim to have and get us the hell out of here!" The other spat out, making elena draw closer.

"You need to get out of here before someone comes down and finds us." The firm voice said, keeping collected.

"You just wait, Damon. Wait til i get my hands on one of them," the other growled.

There was a rattle of metal and a door slamming, eventually meaning the other man had left.

Elena walked closer to the cell to see a dark haired man laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

"Nice view isn't it?" Damon smirked and got up, walking over to her on the other side of the cell.

Elena rolled her eyes. "I was just coming to see where the noise was coming from," she explained and Damon leaned his head on the jail bars, getting even closer to her.

"Well Elena," he said in a low voice. "You should probably let me out, its getting pretty noisy down here. I like my peace and quiet."

Elena swallowed hard and backed up slightly.

"You're getting questioned tomorrow, you should get some rest." She said weakly and turned to leave.

"Eleeennaaa," Damon sing-songed and grabbed her hand through the bar. "Be careful what you do around here. You never know what could happen." He smirked and watched her for a second then walked back to his bed and laid down. As if she was never even there.